BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here wishing to introduce myself and post the first of the forums three initial posts required of all new members. I am semi-retired here on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. I began riding in college with a used 1969 R60. After many years of off and on riding while raising family, I finally got back into it with a old 1967 R60 and a new wife. She learned to ride about 15 years ago and she has become obsessed. Over the last 15 years, we have gone from having a single bike (R60) to having 8 bikes currently parked in our garage. 2 Vespa scooters (150 & 250 cc), Aprillia 500, 3 BMW f650’s, a Royal Enfield, Moto Guzzi Stelvio and a Guzzi V9. After riding our nephews GS, my wife now wants a 1200GS but my brother in law just bought a new Grand America that I am thinking seriously about. We do a lot of touring around the US via backroads and the 1600 might be the ticket. We each ride about 20 - 30k miles a year and when I suggest that we need to thin out some of the bike collection we currently have, I am immediately countered with a thousand excuses of why we can’t get rid of this one or that one. Anyway, thought this forum could be a good resource. Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas! This is a great forum and a fountain of knowledge.

Reactions: Spike
1 - 3 of 3 Posts