BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 2019 GT Sport. It's my first BMW motorcycle (I own a couple BMW automobiles), replacing a 2012 Harley Davidson Heritage Soft Tail. I'm a long-time rider, primarily riding sport bikes in sport-touring mode prior to the Harley. After reading through the forum for several weeks, I decided to join. It's a great resource and I've already taken opportunity of the winter months to make some of the common updates/changes/enhancements discussed in the various threads: Fender extender, radiator and oil cooler protector, engine case and bag protectors. Will wait for some extended seat-time to determine if replacing the windscreen or seat will be required. And then there's that Bren Tune I keep reading about . . . Currently the bike is at my local dealer have the transmission recall work completed. I'm looking forward to spending some time aboard shaking her down once I get her back.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Congrats and welcome!! Great bike. Sounds like you've taken in some of the advice form experienced voices on here. Lots of good folks and good riders here. I hope you're pleased with the bike for many years to come. Best to ya.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in northern Illinois as well (Rockford) and ride a 2016 GT Sport. Would be happy to chat about life with this great motorcycle...let me know!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us! stick around, share a few pictures and learn with us about the best bike around

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in northern Illinois as well (Rockford) and ride a 2016 GT Sport. Would be happy to chat about life with this great motorcycle...let me know!
Nice to meet you. I'm in Fox Lake, so east of you about an hour. My in-laws live in Machesney Park so I'm out that way once in a while. I also like to ride the river road down to Dixon, then across to Savannah and up to Galena, then take the old stagecoach trail back home. I'm really looking forward to getting to know this bike - there is so much tech on it compared to what I've always ridden (a motor, two wheels, handlebars, a speedo, and maybe a tach) I'm still trying to get comfortable with all of the controls and set-up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, glad you found us! stick around, share a few pictures and learn with us about the best bike around
Hi! Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to it. So far, which has been a couple of very short rides, the grin factor has been enormous :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice to meet you. I'm in Fox Lake, so east of you about an hour. My in-laws live in Machesney Park so I'm out that way once in a while. I also like to ride the river road down to Dixon, then across to Savannah and up to Galena, then take the old stagecoach trail back home. I'm really looking forward to getting to know this bike - there is so much tech on it compared to what I've always ridden (a motor, two wheels, handlebars, a speedo, and maybe a tach) I'm still trying to get comfortable with all of the controls and set-up!
Let me know when you're planning to ride your new BMW this way. I'd be happy to join you for a ride. We're all eager for spring riding once it's safe and responsible to engage with the public again. Stay well!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me know when you're planning to ride your new BMW this way. I'd be happy to join you for a ride. We're all eager for spring riding once it's safe and responsible to engage with the public again. Stay well!
Hey, thanks! Will definitely take you up on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts