BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

Not new to motorcycles, but new to BMW and this forum. Thanks for having me. I just bought a BMW K1600GT and my Girlfriend has the BMW S1000XR. So now a BMW family. Recently had 3 Honda Goldwing F6Bs and Still have a Honda Rune in the Garage. Average about 12k miles per year on a bike. Absolutely love the mountains. If any of you are looking to come to Charleston or Myrtle Beach....I have a nice bedroom with attached full bath that is never used. Garage space for your bikes too. I am in Georgetown SC.
I am trying to figure out how to put my Avitar up.....cant seem to figure it out yet.
Interested in Stage 2 Bren Tune
Carbon fiber BST wheels
Ceramic Bearings
Dark Tinted Windscreen
Illum Foot pegs
Full exhaust.
Thats a lot of cash baby! I better get a 2nd job :)

CVICU/CRITICAL CARE NURSE HERE.

Anyone live close to me?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from Sumter, SC. Love your GT. Check out our SE Riders Mountain Schedule (2020 SE K1600 Forum Riders Mountain Schedule ). Feel free to join us. Best,

Doc 馃榾 馃榾
Hello Doc,

I come through Sumter a few times a week. I work at Lexington Medical Center in Columbia. LOL, ya I know....thats a long ways to go for work. I used to work at MUSC for many years, so am in the State Retirement. There is no state retirement at any of the hospitals at the beach.....so been working in Columbia. But probably drive right past you a lot of times. Nice to meet you. With the name Doc, are you in the Medical Field?
We will have to get together sometime.

Russel

Premium Member
Hello Doc,

I come through Sumter a few times a week. I work at Lexington Medical Center in Columbia. LOL, ya I know....thats a long ways to go for work. I used to work at MUSC for many years, so am in the State Retirement. There is no state retirement at any of the hospitals at the beach.....so been working in Columbia. But probably drive right past you a lot of times. Nice to meet you. With the name Doc, are you in the Medical Field?
We will have to get together sometime.

Russel
WOW!! That is over a 2hr commute ONE WAY to get to work.

Yep, I am a Cutter with my own OBSC (www.garyculbertson.com).

My 2016 GTLE is still amazing to me.

Best,

Doc o_O o_O

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, yep Doc, 2 hr 15 min most of the time. I usually work 3 or 4 in a row, so go up and stay up there then come home. I dont usually go back and forth every day. Its a decent place to work. I have a set schedule so know what I will be working in May of 2022, that makes it nice. Plus every 3rd week, I have 6 days off in a row. Thats kinda hard to beat. After this virus mess lets meet up and say hello. Have a great week

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
dnschmpn
I bought my girlfriends S1000XR up at the BMW dealer in Charlotte. Greg North is a good guy. I will be taking the K1600 there for the transmission recall. Its a great ride through the back country up there.

Registered
Welcome. What an impressive looking bike. I admit, the GT has made me think about selling my B more than once. I'm on the opposite coast, but have some very good friends in Mt Pleasant. We get over there once a year or so. I really enjoy the area.

Zach

Premium Member
Congrats on that hot GT and welcome to the forum!..from a distant neighbor.

Registered
Hello friends,

Not new to motorcycles, but new to BMW and this forum. Thanks for having me. I just bought a BMW K1600GT and my Girlfriend has the BMW S1000XR. So now a BMW family. Recently had 3 Honda Goldwing F6Bs and Still have a Honda Rune in the Garage. Average about 12k miles per year on a bike. Absolutely love the mountains. If any of you are looking to come to Charleston or Myrtle Beach....I have a nice bedroom with attached full bath that is never used. Garage space for your bikes too. I am in Georgetown SC.
I am trying to figure out how to put my Avitar up.....cant seem to figure it out yet.
Interested in Stage 2 Bren Tune
Carbon fiber BST wheels
Ceramic Bearings
Dark Tinted Windscreen
Illum Foot pegs
Full exhaust.
Thats a lot of cash baby! I better get a 2nd job :)

CVICU/CRITICAL CARE NURSE HERE.

Anyone live close to me?
View attachment 140831
Welcome aboard from MD. Chris

Registered
dnschmpn
I bought my girlfriends S1000XR up at the BMW dealer in Charlotte. Greg North is a good guy. I will be taking the K1600 there for the transmission recall. Its a great ride through the back country up there.
Let me know when you are scheduled for your transmission recall and if this virus is over, I will take you to lunch.
Ride Safe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts