BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
XXXX for Bogans, VB the best beer
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
3,576 Posts
Welcome Mate from Australia.
The more B's on here the better. We tend to get Bullied by GTs and GTLs but all in good spirits.
Enjoy , there's heaps of help and knowledge in the Forum

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome! Lots of good people here with a lot of knowledge.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I WAS going to post up that even the Aussie's make a few statements that are correct from time to time, but I deleted that. Adding it now! :D

• Haha
Reactions: AntonZ and Damian M

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys...
Yes, I've seen some detractors comment on the "B"...but to each his own I say. I wanted a cruiser/tourer that can get out of it's own way and have good suspension as well...owned a couple Harley's and realized they're not for me.
Plus I also own an R1250GS so I can ride whatever suits my mood at the time.
That said, the inline 6 is no slouch either...my girlfriend thinks its a blast when I'm scraping the pegs.:)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Damian will never let you down when it comes to B's or GS'. He really is a wealth of info.

• Love
Reactions: Damian M

·
XXXX for Bogans, VB the best beer
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
3,576 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys...
Yes, I've seen some detractors comment on the "B"...but to each his own I say. I wanted a cruiser/tourer that can get out of it's own way and have good suspension as well...owned a couple Harley's and realized they're not for me.
Plus I also own an R1250GS so I can ride whatever suits my mood at the time.
That said, the inline 6 is no slouch either...my girlfriend thinks its a blast when I'm scraping the pegs.:)
Your on the same path as alot of us mate GSA and K complement our riding moods

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome

I’m in the south central area of Pa, if you ever plan on coming into the Gettysburg area let me know we can meet up
I have the GT which is a great runner as well

Dave

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome from Ohio! Will be riding through your neck of the woods next week. I'm headed to the WV this weekend then on to visit family in New England. Plan is to stay off the interstate as much as possible. You will love the B. It was between the B and a GTL for me and the GTL just fit better.

·
Registered
2019 BMW K1600b Grand America
466 Posts
Welcome from NC - 2019 bGA

You will find a wealth of information her, and some pretty cool people!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you to all for the welcome messages. Was offline for a couple days.

Weicome from out here in the middle of the cornfields in the MidWest. Just wondering, does that "B" get tossed around in the wind like others hve mentioned?
Regarding your question tuo cal, I would not say "tossed around" is an accurate description.
I've ridden many types and brands of bikes, and for a large touring bike, the k1600 is the most lively "large bike" chassis I've been on to date. Yes, it moves some in gusty winds, but all bikes do that. I think the same characteristics that make it quick handling (for a touring motorcycle), contribute to what some feel as instability...IMO

·
Registered
'13 K1600GT, '17 Bonneville T120
170 Posts
Hi Everyone,
New member here riding a 2018 K1600B that I purchased used last year.
Really glad to see the content and shared knowledge on the forum.
Seems like there's a lot more activity here on the K1600's than on the MOA forum so I'm on board!
Welcome from Texas!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts