BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help in the central Illinois area to help me put the darkly on my bike. I have had the bike for awhile and have purchased everything I need. I have a sickness in the family and I know it will take me too long by myself. I cannot be gone from the house but have been going back and forth to docs. I basically sit.

If I had some help with the experience. I know it could be knocked out in a short time. I would gladly pay, and definitely also treat to food and drink needs.

We have no BMW dealer less than two hours away. The bike is partially apart, I have all the tools and am ready to work and get this task behind me so I can go ride when possible. I feel odd asking for this help but I’m now looking.

Thanks all, Eric W

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
What do you need help installing, I am in south Wisconsin and would ride down and help you. I have a fair amount of experience with farkling Depending on what you are wanting done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Springfield and have several things. Mostly lighting (PDM) and camera, horn. I have two PDMs to run everything so that should make work easier. I have some road bars, radar detector (PDM), Roundels and driving light conversion (PDM). I appreciate it. Seems awfully far to go for you. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
The term Farkle apparently originated among the ST1100 riders. It is an acronym:

F.ancy
A.ccessory
R.eally
K.ool
L.ikely
E.xpensive

Duane
And this was way back in the days of dial-up internet and mailing list, instead of Forums and high speed internet.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
There are 2 other avenues I would try barring acceptance of R2K's generous offer...The MOA anonymous book will surely show some BMW owners in your area; give some of them a call to shoot the breeze, etc. And then you might try the dealer that IS closest to you & maybe they have some idea of someone locally looking to help out a vet. Lastly, after they're done, send them my way, but I'm only a vet "once removed".

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you. I will look on MOA or the book. I am truly amazed at the nice offer to come down from Wisconsin but that is way too generous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Thank for being so cool. When you leave ND on a bike ride do you turn all the lights off in the state.
Oooooo... an attempt at a insult based on the population of some imaginary boundry surrounding the area in which I currently reside. How original... :serious:

I will have to admit, however, there isn't much in North Dakota. Not much cime, not much pollution, not much of anything. We used to have a lot of hookers but a bunch of guys from "central Illinois" came along and married them off and took them home. So we don't even have them anymore. :grin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts