BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger seat heater was not working on my K1600B GA, no big deal right? Well when your wife smacks you in the back of the head riding to a BMW get a way, it becomes a big deal to her. :frown:

So I take it in for repair under warranty at the BMW dealer, they replace the seat and on the way home no heat on the passenger seat. By the way, I mention to them how are they going to handle the K1600 transmission recall with one of the largest populations of K1600's in the USA. They had no idea what I was talking about. He looked up the vin on my bike after the repair was complete and I told him about and said, "oh yeah it is right here!" So I say to him, you know there is a stop sale on the K's - another blank!

Anyway, I know this is a stupid question but has anyone tried to do the repair themselves? My confidence level in the BMW dealership is at zero. Appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You might have a ground fault at the passenger control 2 level heat switch. I am so surprised they did not check both heaters and controls. Stupid question, did you take the seat off just to make sure the plug is all the way in? or, connected at all?

·
Registered
121 Posts
My passenger seat heater was not working on my K1600B GA, no big deal right? Well when your wife smacks you in the back of the head riding to a BMW get a way, it becomes a big deal to her. :frown:

So I take it in for repair under warranty at the BMW dealer, they replace the seat and on the way home no heat on the passenger seat. By the way, I mention to them how are they going to handle the K1600 transmission recall with one of the largest populations of K1600's in the USA. They had no idea what I was talking about. He looked up the vin on my bike after the repair was complete and I told him about and said, "oh yeah it is right here!" So I say to him, you know there is a stop sale on the K's - another blank!

Anyway, I know this is a stupid question but has anyone tried to do the repair themselves? My confidence level in the BMW dealership is at zero. Appreciate any suggestions.
Check out this link
It may be possible that is as warm as the heat gets
https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-general-discussions/188998-k1600b-seat-heat-not-so-hot.html

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments, I will check, but the GA bagger only has one connection and the drivers seat heat works. I want to believe they checked the passengers heated seat before they returned the bike to me with the new seat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link, this information is very helpful to test the heated seats!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts