BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hex has released the Gen II EZCan.

The ezCAN for BMW just got a boost in performance with 4 high power outputs and ULTIMATE CONFIGURATION! No more channel mapping, now you can decide exactly what accessory each output is connected to making the possibilities endless. Always dreamt of kitting your bike out with two independently controlled auxiliary lights - then do it, with the ezCAN!

https://www.hexinnovate.com/hex-ezcan/

Duane

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just tried to check out the Gen II on their website and got a 404.:frown:

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Quack I just checked the link and it works for me.

Duane

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just tried to check out the Gen II on their website and got a 404.:frown:

The link to the info page works but choose "shop now" and you get a 404

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@6string Oh yea, I see what you guys mean. I checked Ted Porter's website, he shows the Gen II but not for the K1600; has the Gen II for R/GS.

Duane

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
@6string Oh yea, I see what you guys mean. I checked Ted Porter's website, he shows the Gen II but not for the K1600; has the Gen II for R/GS.

Duane
I got my K1600 Gen II from Twisted Throttle last November after seeing that TP didn’t have it on their website. I called TP and was told (at the time) that they weren’t aware of the Gen II for the K. I’m surprised it’s still not showing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just got a response from Ted Porter's (very fast):

"Yes, we have them in stock. The product goes live tomorrow on our shopping cart, or you can call your order in."

·
Registered
962 Posts
Thank you for this Mr. Gunnert. I've been wondering if I should pull the trigger on this purchase. This solidifies my decision to the affirmative.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Gen II ezCAN isn't up on the TP shopping cart yet (they're rolling out a new shopping cart in a couple of days and it should be there) but they do have them in stock. I know that because I just called and ordered one.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Still getting 404 error on Buy Now...

Seriously thinking of getting one of these for the '18. Trying to figure out what is the maximum time it will keep a circuit alive after shutdown. I'd like to be able to run my GPS from it but I don't want it to shut down on short stops.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
It's not selectable and kills the power pretty quick. You'd be better off with a PDM60 if you want those options. At least my Gen 2 for my GS isn't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
It's not selectable and kills the power pretty quick. You'd be better off with a PDM60 if you want those options. At least my Gen 2 for my GS isn't.
Looks like this video accidentally answered my question. At 12:40 they demonstrate changing that setting and it appears the maximum timeout is 0:30. That is not anywhere near long enough.. Too bad... I was really looking forward to seamlessly integrating my aux lights with the bike and the wizwheel. But for $200 I can build several renditions of my home-brew circuit. The ONLY thing it appears this would be useful to me for is the aux lights.

Then again, this does appear to be Gen I. Maybe Gen II is different.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
It looks like the amplink will do what you want. No fancy canbus interface but programmable power distribution.
Looks like that still requires physically tapping triggers. Power distro I got with my Fuzeblock and solid-state relays. What really got my attention was being able to brighten and dim the aux lights with the wizwheel along with strobing the aux lights with the horn and other neato things. Being able to do it with a device that simply attaches to the alarm box is even better.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Looks like that still requires physically tapping triggers. Power distro I got with my Fuzeblock and solid-state relays. What really got my attention was being able to brighten and dim the aux lights with the wizwheel along with strobing the aux lights with the horn and other neato things. Being able to do it with a device that simply attaches to the alarm box is even better.
Agreed, routing power, switching it on an off is pretty straightforward with relays. Timing, PWM, etc starts to get more interesting especially when it couples with the WW. Then you get into automation with the neutrino but for me it lacks integration with the WW so not so interesting as I could not come up with a use case to justify it.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
What I did for GPS power was add a two-way toggle switch. One side had direct power, and one side powered on and off with the key. That way, I could leave them powered on full time for Rallies, and have them power on/off with the bike at other times.

You may want to do that for the GPS units, and use an EZCan or similar for your lights.

My LED driving lights are controlled through a Skene IQ-275 which gives me three programmable brightness settings through a simple two-way toggle switch, plus 100% with high beam.

Although I do like the idea of strobing the lights, just to get cager's attention now and then... ;)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
The strobing is great. I also like that I can set each lights on or off or brightness with low beam or day/night as well as turn off driving lights when turn signal is on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I like the ability to turn down/off the big a$$ driving lights I have, especially when approaching the gate guard at the base when I'm coming in. I'd bet he appreciates it too.
The ability to just toggle the ww and change brightness and/or turn them off is well worth the cost of the EZ Can

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
I have the Denali's SmartCan and I suppose it is the HexCan relabeled. It is sweet! Per the above comments, the strobe is outstanding for attention getting with both horn and flash to pass, the individual settings, day and night, left and right, off/on when signaling, all the above. And no wire tapping required. Plug and play. No toggles to add and therefore no new switches to add to muscle memory. I can't recommend it more highly.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts