BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum- I changed my life forever when I picked up a 2018 K1600GTL back in Sep 18; my first BMW bike and it is just unbelievable - I don't know how I lived w/o it! I have attached a pic of both my rides - my firstborn and BMW as I refer them.

The information I am looking for is related to extended warranties - I have 30k miles on the bike(K1600) and the factory warranty will expire by this summer. I would love to hear your experience with extended warranty companies, the good and the bad.

Thanks for your time/info, and the join.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,728 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Just a suggestion...the search box above works wonders for finding info that has probably been discussed at length previously. Lots of options and opinions on the subject. Many suggest using the service offered by your local dealer. Others, go with the least expensive option sold by any dealer as the coverage includes everywhere in the US. Some include more, some less, and the cost is usually but not always reflected in proportion. Best of luck and beautiful bikes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! yea, I did search but I found that most of the replies were very dated and was searching a bit for newer; thought it might be easier to get some info from anyone who may have just purchased/utilized. I will definitely keep reviewing all other searches/replies.
I did have my local dealer quote me, pricier than I thought I wanted to throw a wider net.

Thanks again for the info, very helpful!

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Welcome. Your other bike looks suspiciously like a Honda VTX model C with a bit of added chrome.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I did have my local dealer quote me, pricier than I thought I wanted to throw a wider net.
Welcome to the forum.

Browse around the parts lists (Shop 2018 BMW K1600GTL Motorcycle Parts from South Sound Motorcycles in Tacoma, WA.) and see the prices, you might not think the extended warranty is too pricey.

Actually, the one you got a quote on might be too pricey. Evidently, not all extended warranties are created equal. I bought my '18 GTL at the end of Sept 2018, but probably won't exceed the warranty miles before the factory warranty expires at the end of three years. So, I'd be interested in what you find when you look around for the extensions.

Cheers,

Charlie in Seattle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts