BMW K1600 Forum banner

841 - 860 of 893 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
welp...they're on the way. I guess we shall see.
Did they work or not?

Still looking for the latest and greatest...

:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
I guess this ain't a "thing" anymore, eh? :confused:

·
Bubonic
1,082 Posts
It was always way beyond my depth of comprehension.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
welp...they're on the way. I guess we shall see.
Wonder what happened to this dude... Acccording to his profile he hasn't been here since 22 July and hasn't posted since June...

·
Registered
501 Posts
So, I have a great experience with HIKARI H7 kit. Perfect fit, no issues. Fan sits inside and has enough room. Easy to install. It is super bright and the OEM looks like a candle light compare to the HIK. I use my high beam a lot at night and with this LED, it is a pleasure.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
So, I have a great experience with HIKARI H7 kit. Perfect fit, no issues. Fan sits inside and has enough room. Easy to install. It is super bright and the OEM looks like a candle light compare to the HIK. I use my high beam a lot at night and with this LED, it is a pleasure.
Got link?

·
Registered
501 Posts
@StephenV, It is an Amazon item ! Enter.....HIKARI H7 LED. It is Red box, white letters. As you know, it has to be H7. I got the Cool White (6K). Very good price for the quality. Please make sure to mount the stem/bulb so the LED's are facing 3 and 9 o'clock when you face the K1600 from the front. So, the flat black plastic is 100% vertical to the bike!!!! The ring inside the housing will allow you to spin it. So far for me, zero issues. It has been almost 7 months now.

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Reactions: onad

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you post an image of the box please? Putting in Hikari LED H7 has brought up multiple lights with red boxes and white letters

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Can you post an image of the box please? Putting in Hikari LED H7 has brought up multiple lights with red boxes and white letters
Noticed the same thing. A direct link to the actual one he ordered would be even better...

·
Registered
501 Posts
So, I see that Hikari has an upgraded version. I can not see the one I had ordered. My Cree is flat and sq. The new version is button head. Here is the 2020 model with 10K lumens at Amazon...... HIKARI H7 LED Headlight Bulbs, +50% Extra Night Visibility, XHP50.2 LED 10000lm 6000K Cool White. It is a black box with red/yellow lettering. I am at work and will attach a photo of my box this evening.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Anyone know? These are supposed to be an updated version of the Phillips bulb that worked, I think? ^^^

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed the Hikari LED high beam and get an "800EF5 LIN Day-time Riding (DRL) Lights Error Code." I also get a high beam error.

I checked all my fuses and reset the high beam error with my GS911 but it won't fix the DRL error - it says it can't fix it. Now I am dead in the water and can't figure out what to do. Please tell me I didn't screw myself with a massively expensive dealer visit? I am lost with what to do next. I thought the GS-911 fix all errors - guess I was wrong?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I installed the Hikari LED high beam and get an "800EF5 LIN Day-time Riding (DRL) Lights Error Code." I also get a high beam error.

I checked all my fuses and reset the high beam error with my GS911 but it won't fix the DRL error - it says it can't fix it. Now I am dead in the water and can't figure out what to do. Please tell me I didn't screw myself with a massively expensive dealer visit? I am lost with what to do next. I thought the GS-911 fix all errors - guess I was wrong?
Did you put the factory high beam bulb back in and then try clearing codes?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
The "DRL" circuit and the high beam circuit are two separate circuits. The only way I can see having an issue with the DRLs after monkeying around with the high beams is if you did something to the connector for the DRLs, intentionally or not...

841 - 860 of 893 Posts