BMW K1600 Forum banner

881 - 893 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Those are on special for 16hrs at $56 ($14 saving).

I've ordered a pair and will report back once installed and had a chance to check their performance.

Just installed Hikari H7's - took it in the shorts on the price ($65+) on Amazon because I missed a sale and didn't want to wait.
A few observations:
* I used a pick with a v-forked tip to manipulate the spring retainers out of their clips. It was still a PITA but way less painful than using my fingers. One of the hook-in points on the light bezel was bent a bit preventing me from getting the spring retainer off. Once I straightened that it came right off. You will HAVE to have some small tool such as a pick to put these retainers back on once the LEDs are installed due to the large size of the fan/heat sink on the back of the bulbs.
  • The Hikaris are indeed adjustable, but the best pattern (horizontal bow tie pattern) is achieved with the bulbs oriented straight up and down. Once installed you CAN adjust them.
  • If you don't know how to get at the bulbs, and don't want to go dig out your manual, the instructions are here:
BMW K1600 Bulb Replacement
This is not a difficult job. Follow the instructions and it should take about an hour.
Before and after pics:
View attachment 145581 View attachment 145582
Yes, those are the ones.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Will those fit with that long fan housing?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Apparently they will fit in the housing of a Kawasaki ZX10R. I've no idea how that compares to the K1600, but I imagine it's likewise very limited in space behind the bulbs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: I AM James

·
Registered
3 Posts
+1 on the Hikari. I installed these tonight and am very pleased with the result. The spring clips are somewhat of a pain to put on but overall the install is a breeze.

·
Registered
24 Posts
881 - 893 of 893 Posts