BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was time to get rid of the yellow high beams. I saw the other post about upgrades and there was 84 pages. I want to give you my experience.
I ended up with HIKARI

There where a couple factors that led me to these.
I had run older models in my other bikes.
But these two sealed the deal for me.

• Adjustable Beam. Special design required by Dodge Ram, Ford, Chevy, GMC, Honda etc. Mini fans.

• Compatible with most OEM headlight dust cover.
It was a gamble if they would fit and sure enough perfect.
Beening able to adjust them was great i could spin them till I found the sweet spot

For $36 i cant complain. I have never had issues with any of there lights. We will see how long these last.

Couple short Videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/n2KnngqcKAxTinAc6

Interesting thing i notice is that when you put high beams on the low beam raises right into the hot spot. I think i want my Highs to be a bit higher
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HS5RyUg8S4k16p6BA

Let me know if anyone has questions.

Has anyone switched out the low beam to something around the 6k color?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
the low beam lifting is part of the fill effect to drench centre ground with the most light. High should be set not to blind other drivers but extend your visible range. The fact you can turn the bulbs shows they are not designed for road use as the reflectors are shaped to put light into the correct position. They should be an automatic fail on UK MOTs

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the low beam lifting is part of the fill effect to drench centre ground with the most light. High should be set not to blind other drivers but extend your visible range. The fact you can turn the bulbs shows they are not designed for road use as the reflectors are shaped to put light into the correct position. They should be an automatic fail on UK MOTs
Thanks for the info on the low beam
In the the US from the factory veichle high beams are aimed higher than the low bean to stretch your distance like you said. This will almost always blind on coming vehicles this why they are building cars that auto shut off high beams.
I agree with you they are not DOT approve US standard like your MOT.
I am not really concerned since they are high beams

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it was time to get rid of the yellow high beams. I saw the other post about upgrades and there was 84 pages. I want to give you my experience.
I ended up with HIKARI

There where a couple factors that led me to these.
I had run older models in my other bikes.
But these two sealed the deal for me.

• Adjustable Beam. Special design required by Dodge Ram, Ford, Chevy, GMC, Honda etc. Mini fans.

• Compatible with most OEM headlight dust cover.
It was a gamble if they would fit and sure enough perfect.
Beening able to adjust them was great i could spin them till I found the sweet spot

For $36 i cant complain. I have never had issues with any of there lights. We will see how long these last.

Couple short Videos
New video by Michael Ruotolo

Interesting thing i notice is that when you put high beams on the low beam raises right into the hot spot. I think i want my Highs to be a bit higher
New video by Michael Ruotolo

Let me know if anyone has questions.

Has anyone switched out the low beam to something around the 6k color?
Thanks for the detailed write up, I just placed an order on these! I have been looking for the LED bulbs for a while, just was scared to pull the trigger because of some bad experiences from before.

Cheers Mate

·
Registered
247 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts