Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thoughts exactly. It came out in june of 2019 so its fairly new. I even like the looks of it which is a plus.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I can't even remember to unplug my heated vest every time I get off my bike. This would be disastrous for me to wear.

It takes quite a hard tug to set it off, Not impossible I guess but you'd really have to not be paying attention. I've been wearing a Hit Air for years and haven't popped one yet. (knock on wood) :)

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I can't even remember to unplug my heated vest every time I get off my bike. This would be disastrous for me to wear.

It takes quite a hard tug to set it off, Not impossible I guess but you'd really have to not be paying attention. I've been wearing a Hit Air for years and haven't popped one yet. (knock on wood) /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Which Hit-Air do you own??

Best

Doc

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I’ll stick with my HeLite vest. It provides neck protection.
So does the Hit-Air MV6. Helite makes some great stuff also

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a hit-air and several month ago I got into an accident. Made a turn on the road, hit a pot hole and wiped out. The vest did its job. Protected my upper body, neck, and hip areas. Did it work? Yes.. the accident happened so fast, I didnt even notice it went off.
Hit-air was the first air bag system developed in Japan in 1995. Since then there has been others..with so many on the market, its depends what you are looking for. Cost, wearing inside or outside, visibility, tether or electronic and so on.
I did my research and found the Hit air worked best for me and my girlfriend. I think it's worth the investment. I was involved in an accident 2 years ago and a car struck me on the freeway. I broke 3 ribs, left shoulder, contusions all over my body and some back pain. If I had the hit air on then I think my Injuries would have been less severe. Btw hospital stay in the hospital 2 days in the trauma unit cost 49k... hit air $500 plus. Worth it...

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I have a hit-air and several month ago I got into an accident. Made a turn on the road, hit a pot hole and wiped out. The vest did its job. Protected my upper body, neck, and hip areas. Did it work? Yes.. the accident happened so fast, I didnt even notice it went off.
Hit-air was the first air bag system developed in Japan in 1995. Since then there has been others..with so many on the market, its depends what you are looking for. Cost, wearing inside or outside, visibility, tether or electronic and so on.
I did my research and found the Hit air worked best for me and my girlfriend. I think it's worth the investment. I was involved in an accident 2 years ago and a car struck me on the freeway. I broke 3 ribs, left shoulder, contusions all over my body and some back pain. If I had the hit air on then I think my Injuries would have been less severe. Btw hospital stay in the hospital 2 days in the trauma unit cost 49k... hit air $500 plus. Worth it...
Which model do you have?

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
From what I have seen on the Hit-Air website, they supply police forces in many different countries and they are also big with equestrian riders.

Looks like the US importer is located in the Atlanta area (south of the airport) and they sell direct in the USA via 2 websites: bikebone.com and air-vest.com.

They were sold out of the MC3 (size XL) when I called but offered me a free upgrade to the MV6 in the same size. I normally wear a large but am sizing up on the vest since I will be wearing it outside my riding jacket.

I'm going to try it and the Helite Turtle 2 and report back.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
I wound up with the Hit-Air MV6 in XL size. I normally wear a large but since I am wearing the vest outside of my jacket, I had to size up.

It is fairly heavy (3-4 pounds) so I think I am going to now invest in a thinner riding jacket for cooler weather to wear underneath this vest to protect my arms and shoulders.

Not sure yet what I am going to do for summer riding - this thing will likely be hot in city traffic.

Pretty nice piece of gear that I hope I never have to use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts