BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have or have seen a hitch luggage rack on their K1600GTL? I'm traveling for 3 months and would like to have one for "stuff" Photos or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
The biggest issue would be the reciever angle. Not sure if the GW hitch has the same angle. If somebody finds that it does, then I'm all over something like this. Keep the weight low.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The biggest issue would be the reciever angle. Not sure in the GW hitch has the same angle. If somebody finds that it does, then I'm all over something like this. Keep the weight low.

Sent using Tapatalk[/Q

I have a Bustec hitch on my bike. It has a Heim joint receiver and I'm going to take it off and put a ball hitch on it. I only use the heim joint when I'm towing my Bustec trailer. So if the angle is right then all is good. I'm going to see if a local dealer has one in stock. I'll let you know. STILL looking for current K bikes with luggage hitches.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
@AZK1600GTL, A quick glance at their Bushtec's website shows a caddy for a Goldwing that could be modified if required to meet your requirements. If the angle is off that can easily be fixed by pretty much any welder. Try a Google search: Motorcycle Hitch Storage Caddy, then click on "Image". Here's one that show promise:

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/9898726716697350357_3640729177774417886_126454991?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=tu_image&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&gtim=CKDO1vj2tfH-qAEQhLD5xanvwb04GPCguTQiA1VTRCjgl5XsBTDPmaY8&utm_campaign=126454991&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuc7bkorU5AIVDoTICh0wtAVGEAQYByABEgJWK_D_BwE

Duane

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Looked at a hitch rack attachment for my Goldwing at one point and ultimately decided against it. One thing I did note during that research is I would have had to modify my stock exhaust to keep the items on the hitch rack from burning.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Guys
I have the sidecar hitch and I used the angle from the hitch as a template to make a 1 1/4" receiver with some stock items from a local auto supply store.
I would also like to say from experience that don't have it (your bags) to close to the exhaust, your bag will melt. just saying.
Lyle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts