BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

As I intimated in a previous post, I got a little carried away on a ride home riding a road I'd only ridden twice before, and in the other direction.

I hit the corner a little too hot and touched on the engine guards, already past scraping pegs and floorboards. You can see when I hit as the video vibrates a little. My only option was to lift and straighten while I washed off enough speed to re-engage into the corner. I was extremely lucky there was no traffic coming in the other direction.

I was also all set up wrong with the suspension set to 'Cruise' and a few days luggage in the panniers. But I'm not making excuses, I stuffed up!!!

Just goes to show that mistakes are always just a bad decision away...

Donna

·
Registered
31 Posts
... fortunately you are still alive, and can tell the story :)
Even Superwoman can have a bad hairday ...

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Yep those decreasing radius corners will bite you in the @ss just about every time if you don't know they're there. I sure am glad you didn't panic and just rode it out and every thing turned out well. Be careful out there.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Yikes. We've all made mistakes. I do the best I can to take them seriously in order to learn from them. Dad always said' "Sometimes I'd rather be luck than smart." Agreed, if that means no oncoming traffic.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
@Donna ... You may want to consider switching to the Ilium guard and their fold up foot pegs.

You will loose the floorboards but you will gain quite a bit of lean angle.

THIS:

VS THIS:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Whew, that was a close one! You may have over cooked the corner, but at least you weren't riding faster than your guardian angel could fly.

I'm glad you're still with us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts