BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On new bikes how long did your satilite radio last for before you have to subscribe?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
One year.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
it is one year and then they will send you offer after offer for an additional 3 month for free if you will let them have your credit card number and charge a minor "$2 administrative fee".
My advise is DO NOT EVER LET THEM HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!!!
You will have to cancel the card to get them to stop charging you for things!!!
I love Xm radio but I always let them charge me $2 for a paper bill I can pay without giving them my credit card number!!!!
If you will wait another week or 2, you will get offers for $4.99/mo for up to 12 months!!!
Just my $.02!!!

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
it is one year and then they will send you offer after offer for an additional 3 month for free if you will let them have your credit card number and charge a minor "$2 administrative fee".
My advise is DO NOT EVER LET THEM HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!!!
You will have to cancel the card to get them to stop charging you for things!!!
I love Xm radio but I always let them charge me $2 for a paper bill I can pay without giving them my credit card number!!!!
If you will wait another week or 2, you will get offers for $4.99/mo for up to 12 months!!!
Just my $.02!!!
I gave up Sirius/XM due to their billing games and schemes.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes.....and yes ! No CC to XM. They will kill you before they will stop the contract. I enjoy it while it is going. After that, Amazon Prime Music, perfect for me. I got a bluetooth transmitter form Amazon, smaller than the fob key we have. Always plugged in the side case and always mate with the phone so I can listen to my music via the bike's speakers in town riding. Works perfect for me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hmmm amazon has a transmitter ??
Fits in the plug in side compartment?
Don’t need it connected to phone , to play music through bikes speakers ???
Any additional info please ???

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Amazon Prime Music, perfect for me. I got a bluetooth transmitter form Amazon, smaller than the fob key we have. Always plugged in the side case and always mate with the phone so I can listen to my music via the bike's speakers in town riding.
Yes, would like more info on how you are doing this. Are you downloading and then playing back or are you streaming?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mpow Bluetooth 4.1 Receiver and Transmitter, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter, Pairing with 2 Bluetooth Headphones At Once In TX Mode, Built-in Mic for Hands-free Calling in RX Mode......Amazon has tons of those. Simple.....I plug it in via a short 3.5mm cord from the above to the rear of the bike. I also keep micro USB shorty plugged/charging full time as well. I keep the on/off switch on, on the transmitter. Even if the transmitter goes dry after few days, once you start the bike, it starts charging and the phone will pair no issue. When you first get it, you need to pair one time and you are done every time it is on with your phone. Please note in the photo on Amazon that the 3.5mm aluminum plug can come out off the transmitter. Most of these toys last many days with no charge needed. The charge is quick. So, the music is transfered via bluetooth from the phone through the AUX function on the bike. You need to choose AUX via the button on the left side panel on the bike and you are set. Any unit you buy work the same way. No need to worry about the MIC. I use it for music only. The minus is, when you get a call, You will not be able to use the phone unless you cancel the transmitter. The above is sitting inside the plastic pocket and I never see or touch it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
2 IN 1 Bluetooth V4 Transmitter & Receiver Wireless A2DP Audio 3.5mm Aux Adapter....from EBAY. This one looks good too. I am at work now. I need to double check the one I got a while back.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
If you want to continue wait till renew time, call them and get a deal. This works well when you have multiple accounts.
FWIW I found the audio quality of the Sat radio particularly poor. Audio sounds tinny and clipped.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
If you want to continue wait till renew time, call them and get a deal.
That is exactly what I am talking about and what I refuse to do. If you want to have to go through this procedure every year or two then that is your choice but I wonder how many subscribers they have lost (like me) who left because of this and other billing schemes they have brought out. I don't trust them and I don't do business with people that I do not trust -unless I have to. :)

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I’ve been an XM/Sirius customer for many years. I have a company iPhone so I can’t download any music to it The convenience of being able to listen to music and news or comedy channels without having to download anything makes it worth it for me. I agree that the best way to prevent billing issues is to let them invoice you and send them a check. I also agree that if you let it expire you will get a better deal

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
As long as you are willing to spend about 20-30 minutes with them on the phone (customer service and then escalation to a supervisor) you can keep renewing every 5 months for about $5.00 a month. I have my bike and my 2 other vehicles on this plan, all coordinated to expire every 5 months. YOU HAVE TO CALL a week in advance and renew. I've been doing this for about 7 years on a credit card with -o- problems.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I enjoy XM on my B. The only hassle is negotiating the rate every time my rate expires. I keep the date my plan expires on my calendar and call them to cancel. They will offer a deal i can't refuse for 6 months, i accept, pay with my CC, call again one day short of the self renew to cancel. They drop their drawers, we go another 6 months.

A hassle? Yes. The savings are worth it. Especially for two vehicles.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
I got a free year of Sirius with the GTL purchase. I've never turned it on. My iPhone paired to the Sena 20 in the helmet sounds just fine. I probably have the contents of over 100 cds in my iPhone library.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I got a free year of Sirius with the GTL purchase. I've never turned it on. My iPhone paired to the Sena 20 in the helmet sounds just fine. I probably have the contents of over 100 cds in my iPhone library.
Exactly, I did the same thing. Never even activated it. I can't stand SiriusXM and I hate their customer service.
Rick

·
Registered
11 Posts
As long as you are willing to spend about 20-30 minutes with them on the phone (customer service and then escalation to a supervisor) you can keep renewing every 5 months for about $5.00 a month. I have my bike and my 2 other vehicles on this plan, all coordinated to expire every 5 months. YOU HAVE TO CALL a week in advance and renew. I've been doing this for about 7 years on a credit card with -o- problems.
You WILL have a problem if you ever miss making that call!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts