BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to delete just the daily tracks that are stored in the Navigator IV? I'v looked in the settings but still can't find it. I don't want to erase anything else, just the tracks. Any way to keep it from tracking?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
There is a setting under the navigation menu to show tracks. Turn that off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see anything under the navigation menu showing tracks. Are you sure that's where it's at on a Nav IV?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Try Settings > Device. I seem to recall it being called Travel History... but not sure on that.

I think to make the old tracks go away you'll need to also Clear Travel History.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope... Not that either.. There is no "devise" under settings... I'll try looking for travel history.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clear "Current Trip Log"..... is it ! Can't remember where I found it, but that did it...

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Is there a way to delete just the daily tracks that are stored in the Navigator IV? I'v looked in the settings but still can't find it. I don't want to erase anything else, just the tracks. Any way to keep it from tracking?
Try this:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
BTW... What you trying to hide? >:)

Reactions: DanDiver

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Garmin's menus are confusing...

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Did you get it figured out, Dan?

I *think* if you clear the log/history of the trips/tracks/travels, it clears not only the tracks but also the history of recently visited places. I kinda wish they'd give you the option of clearing one or the other... instead of both as a group.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you get it figured out, Dan?
Got it ! thanks..

Some of the places I ride every week were getting a very thick light blue line... I don't use the GPS as much as I used to but it's still nice to have in what would be an empty space.

You would think that manufactures / Garmin would watch customers in a user group atmosphere try to do simple tasks with their product and make them more user friendly ! Thanks for all of the help..

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Cool beans Dan.

Does it not let you delete individual items by selecting them, which Im assuming your trying to do?
It's been a while since I played with it... but yes I think you could delete individual items. But you eventually get hundreds of tracks and deleting them line by line is just too much. But if you select them all, it also erases your recently visited places.

The way I get around this is that if I have a recently visited place I want to store, you have to do it immediately and put it in your saved places.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
FWIW...

About once a month or so, I copy my current trip log to my desktop and import it into basecamp. They take up very little space, and I always have them, should I want to convert a ride into a trip.

After copying, I then clear the trip log in the Garmin.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
I think you could delete individual items. But you eventually get hundreds of tracks and deleting them line by line is just too much.
Just need to go for longer rides... Each power cycle is a new blue line... :grin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts