BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The fact that you couldn't clear fault codes would lead me to believe your not connected properly to the bike with your GS911. I can clear fault codes with my iPhone connected via Bluetooth/WiFi or my laptop connected by wire. If you get connected by wire to a laptop I'll bet you could program the TPMS.
Hey Jim, at the time I last used my GS-911 all the functions performed correctly except those two that I mentioned. My bike was inside my home garage and secured to my home WiFi. In spite of that, you and Duane may be correct in your thinking,
I always appreciate yours and Duane’s input to gremlins that seem to take a likin’ to me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the standard wheels on my '19 'B' w/TPM. I think I recall reading that the TPM doesn't register until the bike has been driven X amount of time/miles? I'm asking because one morning I tried to check before riding (while the tires were cold, of course) via TPM and there was no reading, but only dashes, so of course, I checked them the traditional way with a tire pressure gauge and added accordingly. Shouldn't my TPM have registered as soon as I checked it? If it registers after a certain time/miles riding, this is senseless because you're now getting a hot tire pressure.
Thanks

·
Steve's Brother
6,248 Posts
I have the standard wheels on my '19 'B' w/TPM. I think I recall reading that the TPM doesn't register until the bike has been driven X amount of time/miles? I'm asking because one morning I tried to check before riding (while the tires were cold, of course) via TPM and there was no reading, but only dashes, so of course, I checked them the traditional way with a tire pressure gauge and added accordingly. Shouldn't my TPM have registered as soon as I checked it? If it registers after a certain time/miles riding, this is senseless because you're now getting a hot tire pressure.
Thanks
They will register within a few miles, less than 5, so the tires are still at ambient temperature.

As an FYI when you have the readings on your dash you can stop but leave your engine running you can add or release air from your tires and the dash numbers will change accordingly. Sometimes not very accurately though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They will register within a few miles, less than 5, so the tires are still at ambient temperature.

As an FYI when you have the readings on your dash you can stop but leave your engine running you can add or release air from your tires and the dash numbers will change accordingly. Sometimes not very accurately though.
I thought I'd read this before. Thank for confirming this, Jim.
I've also read that the TPM readings may not be too accurate so I think I'll just stick to the traditional way which is no big deal for me. Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts

So if you change them both, how does the bike know which is front or rear? :unsure:

·
Steve's Brother
6,248 Posts
So if you change them both, how does the bike know which is front or rear? :unsure:
I "think" by the pick up unit that is closest.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts