BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm enjoying the new K1600 GTL. First service done at BMW in Santa Fe. Great shop as is the sister shop in Albuquerque. Anyhow, I live in southwestern Arizona and work all over the both States so I need a machine that'll eat up the miles. The big Beemer is certainly great for high miles high speed touring.

I'm not a brand loyalist by any stretch. I've put thousands of mile on Harleys and Goldwing mostly. I love them all but the K1600 is a cut above because it offers all the touring amenities plus it'll carve a canyon or cruise at high speeds on the Interstates with far greater precision and efficiency, in my humble opinion. I always loved, and still do, the Boxer engines but this inline 6 is a marvel of its own! Sometimes I think it reminds me of the venerable inline 4 Hondas from the days of my youth only in 21st Century style and technology. Coupled to a shaft drive, which is almost mandatory for me these days, it's something that fills a wide array of performance and fun requirements on my list.

I've lowered the pegs and have been using a seat pad. It needs a better seat and highway pegs for my old fat beaten down body. If I were doing only a couple hundred mile jaunts it would be fine but most of my destinations are at least 500 miles and I need a better seat. Anyone with suggestions please let me know!

Thank you for the opportunity to be on this forum! I'm looking ahead to many, many good experiences and thousands of miles of enjoy with you all. I'm here to listen and learn and share when appropriate. Shiny side up!

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Many of us embracing the longer distances are very fond of our Russell Day Long seats. Quite a few threads on the forum about them.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the awesome bike, you're going to love it.
A few mandatory things you'll need for longer rides. Grip puppies and a RDL seat.
Enjoy the ride

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome! I lived in Arizona for years back when I served in the Marine Corps, however, I wasn’t a rider back then. I’ll often reminisce about the sweet rides I could’ve had in the beautiful state of Arizona. Enjoy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome, as you are likely aware, this site will greatly help with aftermarket improvements. My favorite part of the big BMW’s is the suspension, that is why I have them. I have had Corbin, Sergent, and Russell seats on various rides. I love the Russell Day Long on my GTL.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle! I purchased my K1600GT from the shop in Albuquerque. Great guys! Ride safe and welcome aboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts