BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Well I got my K1600Gt today. After placing a $2000 deposit in January with the previous owner we were finally able to finish the deal.I cannot wipe the smile off my face after taking a blast up the Taconic State Parkway. A little adjustment is going to be needed coming from my R100/7 but boy does this bike pull....No end of power when tasked.This is going to be a great summer.
Brian

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hi all
Well I got my K1600Gt today. After placing a $2000 deposit in January with the previous owner we were finally able to finish the deal.I cannot wipe the smile off my face after taking a blast up the Taconic State Parkway. A little adjustment is going to be needed coming from my R100/7 but boy does this bike pull....No end of power when tasked.This is going to be a great summer.
Brian
Good for you, congratulations, have fun & always safe! Best, Joe

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
You’re going to love it. I just got back on a K16GT, after owning one back in 2013-14. It’s a great motorcycle—there’s not much in the world of sport-touring that the GT can’t do.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome to the board. if you want to meet up with a few of us local K16 owners, shoot me a PM. Most interesting are the farkles that we've put on. We also have a chartered BMWMOA club if you want to join for great rides.

-Rich

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum!!

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Enjoy the new toy Brian. You've got a lot of patience. I would have had a hard time waiting after putting up the deposit in January.
You're an inspiration.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats!! You're right, the power is impressive! You should be able to do the 1/4 about as fast as your Dodge Coronet did :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats. Get some engine guards/pannier guards if you haven't already. I love the Ilium Guards and Highway Pegs--- I'm 5'11. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts