BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
113 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
8500km
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

For many, this post may fall through the cracks, but for those who may have known him I wanted to pass along the message.

It's with great sadness that I wanted to inform you all of the passing of "NLDoc." On September 10th, 2022, Brad (his real name) was killed in a motorcycle accident just 20 minutes from home in Newfoundland. Brad rode a 2011 K1600, a bike he loved and was greatly proud of.

Brad was active on this forum for the years he spent in the K1600 community, and mentioned many times how it was one of the best and most resourceful community forums for any of the bikes he has ever owned.

This post is being made by one of Brad's close friends. I rode with Brad, toured much of the US and Canada with him, and often worked on his bike with him. I rode with Brad until his last day, and although he lost his life, hadn't it been for his actions I would have lost mine as well.

I've since created some keychains for close friends and family, cut from what's left of his bike. Funny enough, he rode the mythical "Vermillion Red" model from 2011, making them just a little more special. I've attached a picture for you all to see.

Thank you all for your love of the ride and your helpfulness to my friend over the years. We spent many days in his garage on the advice of messages from this forum. It pains me that this time has come to an end, but we are all grateful for the memories that were left with.

Keep riding all, and enjoy life to the fullest. For we truly don't know what day will be our last.

Much love,

Blair

Font Handwriting Tree Material property Plant

· Canadian Clint
657 Posts
Sobering. Just went back to my “conversation drop down” and re-read a conversation I had with him just over a year ago. You just never know.

· Premium Member
2018 K1600GT Opt 719 Blue Planet Metallic
3,732 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10340 mi
Condolences to his family and friends. Thanks for sharing and peace to you.

• Love
Reactions: josephdfrick

· Registered
122 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss of a good friend. Condolences to his family and loved ones. Your comment at the end of the post rings true and is a good reminder - live life to its fullest - we do not know when our time is up. Time is the most valuable thing we have in this life - spend it wisely and share it with your loved ones.

· Bubonic
1,492 Posts
#Blair - thanks for sharing and taking the time to care.

• Love

· Premium Member
224 Posts
My condolences to his familiy and friends and to you as well Blair

RIP Brad

• Love
1 - 20 of 25 Posts