BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed another Extenda Fenda on the 2018. This is the $35 one from Pyramid Plastics available here: Pyramid Plastics Extenda Fenda Fender Extender BMW K1200GT '06-'08, K1300GT '09-, K1600GT '11-

The biggest complaints about this version is that it rides against the tire, wearing it down. I did this treatment to my previous one and it never touched the tire.

I used a heat gun and a piece of dowel rod - probably 3/4"

This is where I thought I would curve it, but it ended up being a little closer to the lip

The final result - it's got a bit more curve than my previous one - call it fancier. I then removed the front mud guard, applied a health helping of abs cement to the appropriate area of the extenda, and clamped it in place over night.

Mounted on the bike

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I curved it further than I wanted, but could have stopped at any point.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I guess I didn't get this one attached as well as my last one. I went for a 100 mile ride to look at a backhoe. The extender came off somewhere along the way. Speeds may have hit triple digits. I think I didn't clean it well enough before sticking it on. Going to get another if they are available and try again.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I gave in and bought the Wunderlich fender extender 3 months before I got my bike delivered, I put it on withing the first-day od taking delivery. The fit was almost perfect the most fiddly part was aligning the brace so I could drill the holes to fit that making it a much stronger fitment and allowing me to adjust it that little bit further away from the tyre to make sure there was no way it would ever come in contact with the tyre/tire.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying to avoid drilling holes. The last one managed to survive a 45mph slide along the ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts