BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the MCN compare comparison, and whilst not quite the cheapest but comes with UK and Europe breakdown recovery, UK breakdown recovery with homestart, insured to ride another bike and the usual £100k legal cover, all done by..
Mackenzie/ Hodgson Insurance

If your thinking those names ring a bell its Niall Mackenzie and Neil Hodgson the bike racers who must have started their own company.

Fully comp for the year £176.37

Voluntary of £300 and compulsory £350 saving me quite a bit over last year. (Carol Nash were £30 more with same excess)

I know insurance can vary alot from where you live, if you have a locked garage etc, but may come in handy for any of you guys come renewal time.

https://www.mackenziehodgson.co.uk/about-us

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
360 Posts
.....interesting to note that their Policies are actually arranged/administered by Carole Nash, quite often the case, one company apparently trading however it’s actually a well known company sitting quietly in the background. You’ll see the details at the foot of their “About Us” Page.

I’ll get a Quote anyway as I have a policy due for renewal at the month end.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Hastings Direct renewal had doubled since last year :surprise:

No claims or speeding convictions and I had a nice letter to say they would automatically renew my policy in a couple of days time.
They'll be receiving a phone call tomorrow to politely explain where they can place it :grin:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You folks certainly do pay more for insurance than we do. Ironic considering my jones for things fast.

Rip off Britain, were used to it :frown:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Claw,
Interesting, I just received my renewal from Carole Nash and thought I would compare.
At first glance Mackenzie Hodgson Insurance is about £100 cheaper and includes legal and uk/European breakdown.
I did get a quote from Devitt who appeared to be cheaper but when adding things on fora like for like comparison came out slightly more expensive than Carole Nash.
I also obtained a quote from MCE and they came out cheaper than the others providing you don’t want breakdown cover.
If you have your BMW warranty that includes breakdown cover mce seems cheaper

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Hi guys, have been insured by Devitt through their BMW (AXA) Policy which was 770 last year including 365 days in Europe cover. The renewal came back this year at 950....and thats with a reduction in value and an additional 1 year no claims. Shock horror, Is the rise across the insurance world or am I being ripped off?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi guys, have been insured by Devitt through their BMW (AXA) Policy which was 770 last year including 365 days in Europe cover. The renewal came back this year at 950....and thats with a reduction in value and an additional 1 year no claims. Shock horror, Is the rise across the insurance world or am I being ripped off?
I guess everything is going to cost more in future but that quote tells me they don’t want that type of business.
Worth getting a quote from other brokers e.g Mackenzie/ Hodgson Insurance and Carole Nash.
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts