BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 BMW K1600 GTL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I have a 2016 BMW K1600 GTL. When I acquired the bike and connected my iPhone 12 to the cable in the cubby using the official BMW dongle, the dashboard reported that no usb was connected. On a hunch, (I still had my old iPhone XR), I connected the iPhone XR to the bike and it worked perfectly. Both phones have the same software version. I am wondering if anyone else is having a problem with their iPhone 12s connecting via USB. Does something need to be updated on the bike to allow the iPhone 12 to be seen by the bike. I've looked all over Apple forums and have seen reports that there are problems connecting to some BMW cars, but nothing about bikes. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well,
I can't quite help you with your particular problem but, I can sympathize with you on the use of that $108 adapter sold by BMW. It can be a bit finicky in operation. The "No USB" on the screen almost caused me to put a bullit through the screen I was so frustrated at that time. But, I managed to salvage my feelings and, the bike lived another day. I finally got it to work with my mini I-pod. I've not tried my I-phone-8 yet. I'll be following this to see what, if any, solution you come up with or, are presented with.
Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts