BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
KBiK
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else following the amazing adventures of a Dutch woman from Utrecht, Noraly, as she rides solo from Indian through Myanmar down to Malaysia, from Oman through Iran, Central Asia and back through Turkey to Europe in 2019? In 2020 she started riding from Patagonia to Alaska before the pandemic hit and was evacuated back from Peru to the Netherlands.

Enjoying living vicariously through her amazing travels! :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone else following the amazing adventures of a Dutch woman from Utrecht, Noraly, as she rides solo from Indian through Myanmar down to Malaysia, from Oman through Iran, Central Asia and back through Turkey to Europe in 2019? In 2020 she started riding from Patagonia to Alaska before the pandemic hit and was evacuated back from Peru to the Netherlands.

Enjoying living vicariously through her amazing travels! :D

Yes I follow her. But a bit of warning though... if you start watching, you’re stuck for a weekend.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Yes I follow her. But a bit of warning though... if you start watching, you’re stuck for a weekend.
I agree! Will definitely watch a few adventures on the big screen this weekend. Very brave lady!🏍

·
Sir Robin’s Lead Minstrel
1,427 Posts
Wow I think I'm in love...
Yep. She's just plain awesome. I've followed her for some time, and if you read all her comments, your reaction is pretty much the common male reaction. Unlike the few 20-something, racer-girl hottie moto-vloggers (one of whom sadly killed herself in a moto-only accident a couple years ago), Noraly has just has that incredible sweetness and innocence about her that makes you love her, even though she's happily attached (and let's be honest, most of us here are, too).

Her quick popularity is an interesting commentary on men and psychology, in that she has this unique ability to not be a drop-dead gorgeous barbie (as so many men in the U.S., at least, unfairly expect Scandanavian women to be), just be cute and totally wholesome, and never, ever try to be sexy in the least. Which, coupled with the fact she enjoys a typically male-dominated pasttime (and is good at it), ironically tends to make her...quite hawt to most of us drooling Neanderthals.

I also think men and women alike like her frequently and openly talking her fears and concerns, but then usually being courageous enough to go ahead and tackle it, despite her telling you about her fears. It's just endearing. And I'd also think it would be incredibly encouraging to women in particular that she has many of THEIR same worries, concerns, and fears about motorcycling, but conquers them.

The last thing about Noraly is that she made a choice a be a little poorer (in the short term, at least; this may turn out to be lucrative for her; we'll see), recognizes it as her choice, is happier for it, and doesn't constantly rant about how much she hates people who have more money than her. She just smiles and goes on dealing with her budget, and being happier than many who have more money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
She was selling gators for face protection when the pandemic hit. I wish I would have bought some. Love her videos and stories.

·
Outta This World
1,846 Posts
Yep. She's just plain awesome. I've followed her for some time, and if you read all her comments, your reaction is pretty much the common male reaction. Unlike the few 20-something, racer-girl hottie moto-vloggers (one of whom sadly killed herself in a moto-only accident a couple years ago), Noraly has just has that incredible sweetness and innocence about her that makes you love her, even though she's happily attached (and let's be honest, most of us here are, too).

Her quick popularity is an interesting commentary on men and psychology, in that she has this unique ability to not be a drop-dead gorgeous barbie (as so many men in the U.S., at least, unfairly expect Scandanavian women to be), just be cute and totally wholesome, and never, ever try to be sexy in the least. Which, coupled with the fact she enjoys a typically male-dominated pasttime (and is good at it), ironically tends to make her...quite hawt to most of us drooling Neanderthals.

I also think men and women alike like her frequently and openly talking her fears and concerns, but then usually being courageous enough to go ahead and tackle it, despite her telling you about her fears. It's just endearing. And I'd also think it would be incredibly encouraging to women in particular that she has many of THEIR same worries, concerns, and fears about motorcycling, but conquers them.

The last thing about Noraly is that she made a choice a be a little poorer (in the short term, at least; this may turn out to be lucrative for her; we'll see), recognizes it as her choice, is happier for it, and doesn't constantly rant about how much she hates people who have more money than her. She just smiles and goes on dealing with her budget, and being happier than many who have more money.
The fact that she can be entertaining, humble, and genuine all at the same time is what draws me in. She never resorts to that typical YouTube/Social Media formula of speech patterns/pitching/cuteness combined with her unscripted conversational style makes her videos an entertaining experience.

·
KBiK
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She was selling gators for face protection when the pandemic hit. I wish I would have bought some. Love her videos and stories.
In Noraly's last Q&A she said that one of the projects she was working on was a merchandise website but it was much more complicated than she originally thought.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
KBiK
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like Noraly is riding around Iceland as Baldy recommended

·
KBiK
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Confirmed on FB and Instagram that Noraly is riding around Iceland!

Noraly is coming to terms with having to ride in the rain!

It will be interesting to hear how she shipped Ronin to Iceland, and if she had to quarantine on arrival. Iceland appears to be open to tourists from EU and Canada but, not surprisingly, closed to tourists from the USA.

·
Sir Robin’s Lead Minstrel
1,427 Posts
Iceland appears to be open to tourists from EU and Canada but, not surprisingly, closed to tourists from the USA.
Well, sure. We're the unwashed masses who prize our freedom and rebel against authority, leading to a higher COVID rate, so obviously, Iceland: "Eww, eww, icky poo Americans!" But jokes aside, I'm good with it. Their country; their choice. It's fair.

·
Super Moderator
1,165 Posts

That was all a blur...

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
That's some crazy sh!t!!! Yes, even more respect...👏

Reactions: Geoff_3 and amorley

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I found myself feeling fatigued with sympathy for all the lifts and the exhausting frustration of the drops. And wondering what bike I would want if I were to attempt. Dreams of attempting something that might able to be considered epic in my life.

Reactions: Geoff_3 and amorley

·
KBiK
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found myself feeling fatigued with sympathy for all the lifts and the exhausting frustration of the drops. And wondering what bike I would want if I were to attempt. Dreams of attempting something that might able to be considered epic in my life.
Somebody I know who has ridden a lot of dirt says that you need a bike you can pick up ten times a day when you start off. Noraly learned a lot when was in Oman waiting for Basanti to arrive from Malaysia. She rented a bike and a guide to take he up into the mountains of Oman. Watch that episode and you'll see how much her riding and confidence improves.

I think this episode is the scariest but you can see how Noraly learned the importance of walking bad obstacles where possible before riding them.

Reactions: Geoff_3 and J-Luv
1 - 20 of 53 Posts