BMW K1600 Forum banner

Itchy Boots

19K views 97 replies 25 participants last post by  amorley 
#1 ·
Anyone else following the amazing adventures of a Dutch woman from Utrecht, Noraly, as she rides solo from Indian through Myanmar down to Malaysia, from Oman through Iran, Central Asia and back through Turkey to Europe in 2019? In 2020 she started riding from Patagonia to Alaska before the pandemic hit and was evacuated back from Peru to the Netherlands.

Enjoying living vicariously through her amazing travels! :D

#8 ·
Wow I think I'm in love...
Yep. She's just plain awesome. I've followed her for some time, and if you read all her comments, your reaction is pretty much the common male reaction. Unlike the few 20-something, racer-girl hottie moto-vloggers (one of whom sadly killed herself in a moto-only accident a couple years ago), Noraly has just has that incredible sweetness and innocence about her that makes you love her, even though she's happily attached (and let's be honest, most of us here are, too).

Her quick popularity is an interesting commentary on men and psychology, in that she has this unique ability to not be a drop-dead gorgeous barbie (as so many men in the U.S., at least, unfairly expect Scandanavian women to be), just be cute and totally wholesome, and never, ever try to be sexy in the least. Which, coupled with the fact she enjoys a typically male-dominated pasttime (and is good at it), ironically tends to make her...quite hawt to most of us drooling Neanderthals.

I also think men and women alike like her frequently and openly talking her fears and concerns, but then usually being courageous enough to go ahead and tackle it, despite her telling you about her fears. It's just endearing. And I'd also think it would be incredibly encouraging to women in particular that she has many of THEIR same worries, concerns, and fears about motorcycling, but conquers them.

The last thing about Noraly is that she made a choice a be a little poorer (in the short term, at least; this may turn out to be lucrative for her; we'll see), recognizes it as her choice, is happier for it, and doesn't constantly rant about how much she hates people who have more money than her. She just smiles and goes on dealing with her budget, and being happier than many who have more money.

#5 ·
Anyone else following the amazing adventures of a Dutch woman from Utrecht, Noraly, as she rides solo from Indian through Myanmar down to Malaysia, from Oman through Iran, Central Asia and back through Turkey to Europe in 2019? In 2020 she started riding from Patagonia to Alaska before the pandemic hit and was evacuated back from Peru to the Netherlands.

Enjoying living vicariously through her amazing travels! :D

Yes I follow her. But a bit of warning though... if you start watching, you’re stuck for a weekend.

#11 ·
In Noraly's last Q&A she said that one of the projects she was working on was a merchandise website but it was much more complicated than she originally thought.

Reactions: Geoff_3
#12 ·
Looks like Noraly is riding around Iceland as Baldy recommended

#13 ·
Confirmed on FB and Instagram that Noraly is riding around Iceland!

Noraly is coming to terms with having to ride in the rain!

It will be interesting to hear how she shipped Ronin to Iceland, and if she had to quarantine on arrival. Iceland appears to be open to tourists from EU and Canada but, not surprisingly, closed to tourists from the USA.

#14 ·
Iceland appears to be open to tourists from EU and Canada but, not surprisingly, closed to tourists from the USA.
Well, sure. We're the unwashed masses who prize our freedom and rebel against authority, leading to a higher COVID rate, so obviously, Iceland: "Eww, eww, icky poo Americans!" But jokes aside, I'm good with it. Their country; their choice. It's fair.

#19 ·
I found myself feeling fatigued with sympathy for all the lifts and the exhausting frustration of the drops. And wondering what bike I would want if I were to attempt. Dreams of attempting something that might able to be considered epic in my life.

Reactions: Geoff_3 and amorley
#20 ·
Somebody I know who has ridden a lot of dirt says that you need a bike you can pick up ten times a day when you start off. Noraly learned a lot when was in Oman waiting for Basanti to arrive from Malaysia. She rented a bike and a guide to take he up into the mountains of Oman. Watch that episode and you'll see how much her riding and confidence improves.

I think this episode is the scariest but you can see how Noraly learned the importance of walking bad obstacles where possible before riding them.

Reactions: Geoff_3 and J-Luv
#21 ·
Season 3 - Europe :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D

Reactions: Geoff_3
#23 ·
Series 3, Episode 3

#24 ·
Moving the lighthouse

Reactions: Prince
#25 ·
I have decided that I have a lot of respect (and a measurable amount of lust) for this lady.

Reactions: KHawk
#27 ·
Watch all her videos and you’ll know she celebrated her 32 birthday.

Noraly is a wonderful person and I think we should leave it at that [emoji41]

#29 ·
Series 3, episode 4. Noraly gets her brain scratched for a COVID Test

#30 ·
Series 3, Episode 5. Normally visits the Faeroe Islands and the way to Iceland

Reactions: Prince
#31 ·
Noraly and Ronin arrive in Iceland in Episode 6. Finally riding again!

Reactions: Damocles
#32 ·
Noraly learns that it rains a lot in Iceland

Reactions: AZK1600GTL
#33 ·
So I though Noraly in ItchyBoots was amazing until I heard about Dylan!

While Dylan makes some questionable decisions, I admire his persistence and determination. Dylan smiles just like Noraly when the going gets really rough!

Trailer on YouTube:

Full movie on Amazon Prime:

#34 ·

#36 ·
How does she get the video shot from the front facing back to her? I don't see any "selfie" stick, I need to outfit my bike for me Epic ride next year.
Victor, Noraly is using a GoPro 360 on this trip. The software in the GoPro 360 makes the camera boom disappear. The camera when set in 360 mode continuously shoots a 360 view but you can then edit it to show a 180 view and rotate it through the 360 view to show different angles. Very cool shots!

#38 ·
Andy, thanks.... I'm looking for a 2nd camera, I was thinking about adding another Hero 8, now it will be the GoPro Max.
Victor, I am also looking at buying a new video camera for use on the bike. I have the front and rear DVR from BlueSkySea which means I do capture a whole day of riding automatically but I wanted to add a camera that I can position on the bike or my helmet for a different view.

I am considering the GoPro Max but it does not shoot 4K normal video. I am leaning towards the modular Insta 360 One R Twin edition as it includes both a 360 module and a 4K module. It is also cheaper than the GoPro Max.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.