I met Joe at Darby's and the TTD.
A good guy and a great rider.
He will be missed.
RIP

Joe

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Wow! I can't believe it. Joe is a friend of mine. Just yesterday I was thinking I need to call him. Because of the pandemic I have not gotten together with him in a while. I've been to their house, and had dinner with he and his wife. He truly was a great guy.

·
KBiK
1,472 Posts
Totally shattered to hear about Joe's death!

Enjoyed talking to him so much about our similar but different experiences in our careers in the O&G industry. He was almost a neighbor here in Houston!

Admired him so much for his rides around the world.

Hoped we might share a ride together, but that shalt not be....😰😰😰😰😰😰

Reactions: Gunnert

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.
I think he left us behind, doing something he liked alot ... -and that is not a bad way to leave this world ...

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
May Joe rest in peace and ride the clouds.

Reactions: dobervol

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
I just now heard about this. Such terrible news to hear. I met Joe through the BBQ's that Darby has put on in Colorado. I really enjoyed talking and riding with Joe. I liked hearing about his motorcycle adventures all over the world. My prayers go out to his family. I will miss Joe.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I posted above, but feel the need to add more. Ironically, I was on the road where this happened an hour or two before his accident. It’s a great road out in the country that Joe rides all the time. I seldom do because its kind of a pain to get to for me. It was just a quirk that I decided to ride it that day. Like most of my rides, I don’t know where I’m going to end up when I leave the house when I ride alone. I was half way through my ride when I decided to go down that road on my way home.

For those who have not met Joe, I promise you that you probably don’t know anyone as addicted to riding as Joe. I am addicted, but not at his level. He has ridden to Canada more than once, Alaska I think more than once, Europe more than once, and then there was his epic ride a few years back. He and Chuck took what turned out to be about a seven month, 26,000 mile trip to the southern most tip of South America And back! They only flew home once that I recall during the trip. Since he fully retired, he literally rides almost every day.

The most important thing about Joe is that he is everything you think he is. He was about as nice of a guy as you will ever meet. While Joe and I were not what I would call close, we were definitely good friends. I met him about 14 years ago when he lived about ten minutes from me. He since moved to the other side of town where he was about 70 miles away - over an hour.

The last time I saw him we had decided to ride, and he asked me to meet him at his house. I’m an early riser, as was he. I was at his house before 7:30. This was about seven months ago. When I got there Laura was already up and had made a coffee cake for us. The three of us sat for an hour having coffee and the coffee cake. I told him we would definitely do that more often. Unfortunately, the Pandemic put what I thought would be a temporary halt.

I will truly miss him. Thanks for allowing me to try to cope with the loss.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Very sad. I’m sure this thread is only a very small fraction of the people who he influenced during his life. We should all hope to leave such a legacy of positive impressions with those we leave behind when our time comes.

Life is short and events like this make me reevaluate how to define “success”. It also makes me regret not making more time to ride and attend events to meet people like Joe.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

·
Bubonic
1,041 Posts
Phucking D A M N...

Thank you for sharing some details about this great man.
It is valuable that we are all thinking about him and his family.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hello forum. Anyone who may have known Joe Fink (Jfink on the forum) who lived in Conroe, TX will be sad to know that he was killed in a motorcycle crash on Friday, Sept 11th. Not sure of all the details, but your can read it here: VICTIM OF FRIDAY MOTORCYCLE FATAL IDENTIFIED. I

Joe worked at the same place I do and retired several years back. I now work with his son. Joe had a bunch of bikes, including a 2014 GTLE, his KTM Superduke 1290, and a pair of Goldwings (a 2018 in the USA and an older style one parked in Germany). He was a very even-keel guy and experienced rider. Will miss him.

If I find out any more details, I'll add.
I tried to reach out to the Funeral home listed in the news report and they told me they only transported his remains. I'd like to see if I/WE can get in touch with his family, so we can send flowers on behalf of the K1600 Forum. Can you help me out on this. This hits home for me and I'm sure others here. I'm not asking for donations as I can pay for this myself.

Thanks

Victor

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I tried to reach out to the Funeral home listed in the news report. I'd like to see if I/WE can get in touch with his family, so we can send flowers on behalf of the K1600 Forum. Can you help me out on this. This hits home for me and I'm sure others here.

Thanks

Victor
I'll chip in.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I tried to reach out to the Funeral home listed in the news report and they told me they only transported his remains. I'd like to see if I/WE can get in touch with his family, so we can send flowers on behalf of the K1600 Forum. Can you help me out on this. This hits home for me and I'm sure others here. I'm not asking for donations as I can pay for this myself.

Thanks

Victor
I too have been trying to figure out where/when a service is. So far no success. I’ll let you know if I find out. I obviously have his address and plan to send flowers. If you need his address I can send it to you in a message.

Reactions: Darbinco

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I too have been trying to figure out where/when a service is. So far no success. I’ll let you know if I find out. I obviously have his address and plan to send flowers. If you need his address I can send it to you in a message.
Please send me the information via PM. Before I contact/ send flowers, let me know it's ok. I hate to bother the Family in their time of grief. I was thinking a wreath with BMW colors and K 1600 Forum in it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did not know him but WOW look at the family he has here on the forums . That is something I am sure he was proud of. This is just another reminder that every day should be special. Like it was your last. My condolences to his friends and family.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts