Welcome!

·
Upside Down
1,841 Posts
Welcome from Australia .

·
Premium Member
6,635 Posts
Welcome to the ownership of a K1600 and this forum. Now for a commercial break. READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL. As you mention this is your first BMW so there will be differences in technology between this bike and the others you have owned. For instance read and understand the proper way to check the engine oil level. If done wrong you can end up over filling the reservoir. Also read and understand the "proper way" to activate the brake system on this bike.

Learn how to use the multi function wheel on the left handlebar while parked. It can be distracting while riding until you remember how to navigate the menus.

Reactions: kotr

·
Premium Member
6,635 Posts
Take a look at this thread
You may find other forum members living near you. Also go to your account settings (click on your avatar in the upper right of the headings) and list where you live so others can seek you out.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Welcome from Montana. there are answers to most of your questions here in the forum.
Congratulations and ride safe.

·
International Man of Mystery
3,565 Posts
Welcome to the crowd, most of the time good information here and bring some resilience with you. Some guys like to give a newbie a good rub.

Reactions: tuo cal

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

Joe

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My '12 GTL purchased virtually new in '14 now approaching 80,000 on the clock. Good advice from AZ Jim referring to the linked braking technique. Instinct should be grab the front brake lever only except at low speed. You'll enjoy the in-line six's power and smoothness.

·
International Man of Mystery
3,565 Posts
Not riding much with the weather being Ohio in January. Reading the manual...
Smart move, if you read the manual end to end and count all the warnings you may as well give up riding as too dangerous of an activity. My Audi has some 700 pages of manuals to cover all aspects of my vehicular life..................come to think about it 90% is to cover Audi's ass from liabilities. Enjoy the read.

·
Bubonic
1,122 Posts
Welcome from Michigan!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome from the Cleveland area, I play with the road toys when the salt is washed away. Until then...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts