BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Bubonic
1,319 Posts
Peace and good fortune go with you sir.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sad news Geoff, after all that work on the RT too - are you sure this isn't just the aftermath of NSW lockdown fever.

Our last car update, a Mazda CX-30, proved a disaster; hopefully your experience will be better. Suffice to say we had to reject the car - then what; given the chip shortage there was no availability new & used values went mad. In the end a buddy came up with an old Merc CLS in lovely condition, fully depreciated, for peanuts, to tide us over. We only intended to run it briefly, but we have fallen for it's charms to the extent that I can see us keeping it for a good few years. Still, you've been there I guess, after all those delays waiting to get the K16 fixed.

All the best mate. Keep in touch....... KEN

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am about to sell the bike this week so won't be owning another one. Thanks to all the great members here that I have had the privilege of getting to know. I will miss the bike, I have also traded my Genesis as I am updating my car to a new one and the bike needs to go to help finance the deal to enable cash payment.
I need a car more than the bike as it allows me to transport my mates wheel chair around to appointments etc.

Please ride safe guys and look after your self and your families ,wishing you all a merry Christmas and happy new Year.

Kind regards
Geoff
Gonna miss you, but noticed lately that you've phased out . Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Godspeed.
:cry:

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Deeply saddened to learn that my great friend Geoff has made the very difficult decision to sell his beloved BMW and take another lifestyle direction. Geoff was one of the first to welcome me to the K1600 forum when I first joined, and what a wealth of knowledge he has about BMW's & motorcycling in general. I have thoroughly enjoyed the few rides that we've been able to organise together and the company & conversation we have shared over a bite to eat. You will be sorely missed my good mate - please keep in touch, you know my number as well as I know yours, and when I visit the Newcastle area I'll be sure to book in a meeting with you to enjoy a coffee or a lunch somewhere nice.
I won't forget to send you the $100.00 for that great comment Paul lol but please don't tell the others about it.:unsure:;):rolleyes::ROFLMAO: Remember I am old and senile.:cry:

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sad sad day Geoff.
But don't leave your knowledge is huge and you are part of the furniture now.
**** i might need one of the wives tissues ... LMAO!!
Duanne, you are a great man and I am sure that wife of yours will keep you in check. I can organise a Pay Pal account to but a box of tissues lol:censored::p

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
As always with bikes and cars I got a call late this afternoon from the car dealership that they stuffed ups their stock listing and now need to try and find me a new car again. I pushed and asked that they find the Orange metallic one at the same price regardless now as it is their stuff up. They agreed so lets see. I would be ha[py taking a White car anyway but not going to tell them that. Too much info can make the world go crazy ,I'm silly enough now to don't need to contribute any thing else.

·
Premium Member
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
2,148 Posts
Geoff Orange and Purple only belong on Hot Rods and Harley’s no other form of transport should be these colours.

So this leads to a conundrum you must consider. If you buy a Orange car you need to add all after market Hot Rod accessories, this will add considerable $ to legally drive it.
Cheaper to keep the bike

·
That's it, I'm selling my bike
2,864 Posts
Don't understand why you would trade your car from something smaller than what you have wouldn't it be easier to trade down to something bigger and cheaper get a van more room for adult nappies.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Geoff, you don't have to have a bike to continue visiting here. Decisions sometimes have to happen, you'll be back!

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Geoff Orange and Purple only belong on Hot Rods and Harley’s no other form of transport should be these colours.

So this leads to a conundrum you must consider. If you buy a Orange car you need to add all after market Hot Rod accessories, this will add considerable $ to legally drive it.
Cheaper to keep the bike
Damian, I don't want to be acused of turning this into a car forum by some that will lol. But to be honest tell me that this Lava Orange posted below does not look good without the bow. I can't understand why anyone let alone car dealerships have started doing this crap over the years. Anyway I can't really see me getting anything other than white due to short supply issues.
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate Car

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I got the call from my dealer principal that sold me the bike and I get along so well with along with all of his staff. It was late last night and he has worked hard on getting me a great deal so we agreed on him buying it back for the same money I paid for it minus the on road cost. So over all it has worked out well enough for me. I will be sad to see ist go but one needs to move on. As with any arrangement the weather plays a big part in dealings, I said I would take it over this morning but light rain falling when it is supposed to be over cast and no rain. Regardless I don't have to take it until it fines up as he will stick with the deal but I might take cup full of cement and harden up along with build a bridge and get over it. I know I stupid but have never sold or traded a dirty bike or car but this time it needs to happen before I change my mind lol. They can do the detailing which should not be such a big deal if I ride slow like an old fart lol. :unsure::cry::rolleyes::geek:.
Last of all a big thank you to each of you guys that have wished me well ,I have to admit I never thought I had so much respect from the forum members although I know I have spoken to a few in person or via messaging.
Good luck please have the best Christmas and New Year and most of all ride and stay safe.
Cheers and kind regards
Geoff.(y)

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
The Shad Top Box will be prepared in Feb to smuggle you up to Uralla. To make it a relaxing trip for you i will even get 1 of those Makita Battery Coffee makers so you can snuggle in and have a coffee on the way up.

I still stand by my statement Orange and Purple only for Hot Rods and Harley's, with a caveat Unless Your Dutch

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Geoff I called into BM Motorcycles today, to double check my bikes Stage 1 Brentune was still loaded before I leave for this ride on Thursday.
Found this , I reckon a good clean, detail and tidy up this is the bike for you. I could get it real cheap for ya
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Geoff I called into BM Motorcycles today, to double check my bikes Stage 1 Brentune was still loaded before I leave for this ride on Thursday.
Found this , I reckon a good clean, detail and tidy up this is the bike for you. I could get it real cheap for ya
View attachment 159451
Bloody great old bike those ones. How many k's on it?

21 - 40 of 60 Posts