BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sorry to see that you're selling your bike, Geoff. You put so much time into getting it painted and looking the way you wanted it. As for the car, Thomo (I believe) asked why you would go from the car you have to a smaller car when you have a mate riding in a wheelchair requiring transport. Small car + wheelchair = pain in the arse. Plus, you stated the car was giving you, or about to give you, some trouble. It's a Hyundai, right? I'd get rid of that and never buy another one. Not a fan of Korean, Chinese, Russian, Yugoslavian, etc. etc. etc. cars, farm implements, what-have-you. I have enjoyed reading your posts and you are the balance point with some of those in your neck of the woods! I wish for you a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year! Don't leave the forum. There's lots of threads you can add your .02 to.

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Geoff I called into BM Motorcycles today, to double check my bikes Stage 1 Brentune was still loaded before I leave for this ride on Thursday.
Found this , I reckon a good clean, detail and tidy up this is the bike for you. I could get it real cheap for ya
View attachment 159451
I don't want an ex police bike thanks the last thing I want is to have people think I'm an ex Emergancy service person lol. Thanks for thinking of me anyway lol. I sold the bike yesterday my dealer gave me what I paid for it minus the own road cost. It was about $3,000.00 more than I was expecting them to come up with so that's great news.I know I will miss it. As the the car they stuffed up with their stock and can't get me a new car for maybe 5 or 6 months. So I need to rethink what one. I also looked at a Tucson SUV but don't want a base model after owning the Genesis with everything you can think of .So that's staying now as well.

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Sorry to see that you're selling your bike, Geoff. You put so much time into getting it painted and looking the way you wanted it. As for the car, Thomo (I believe) asked why you would go from the car you have to a smaller car when you have a mate riding in a wheelchair requiring transport. Small car + wheelchair = pain in the arse. Plus, you stated the car was giving you, or about to give you, some trouble. It's a Hyundai, right? I'd get rid of that and never buy another one. Not a fan of Korean, Chinese, Russian, Yugoslavian, etc. etc. etc. cars, farm implements, what-have-you. I have enjoyed reading your posts and you are the balance point with some of those in your neck of the woods! I wish for you a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year! Don't leave the forum. There's lots of threads you can add your .02 to.
I have never had any issues with new Hyundais before but this was second hand so I don't know the history of it. I am not going to part with it just yet as you can't get any cars into Oz for at least 6 months but I have looked at a Tucson after owning a base model in the past that was a great car but same story on most variants regarding the wait times. Thanks for your comment also. It is all about $$$$ and what I can live with,I have a electric hoist I can plug into the chair to lift it into the boot / trunk so that not a big issue. Being lower would be I guess.

·
Premium Member
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
2,148 Posts
I'm sure he'd prefer this one 😆 View attachment 159454
Geoff , Baz has found you 1 , how friendly are you with ya mate the spray painter , another job for him.

Geoff just because you have sold the bike, doesn't mean you can leave here. We all need to band together to keep our Qld Buddy under control. Your the Glue and if you leave it will be a free for all

·
International Man of Mystery
3,940 Posts
Dear Geoff, you had to make tough choices and I hope things work out the way you intended them to.

Be safe

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I think something like a SUV would be a better choice as well. Whilst not a fan of Chinese/Korean made vehicles (comes from my 30 odd years in the automotive electrical industry) my last company work vehicle was a Kia Sorento 4cyl diesel with a small turbo it went like a rocket, very economical at around 900klm from a full tank and a very comfortable ride to boot.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Stock is the biggest issue these days.So I am working on a new car ,it must have ventilated and heated seats ,I don't really want a sun roof as they are wasted in Australia with our heat plus you lose head room.Kia don't have any stocks until first 1/4 of next year and not much different to the Hyundai brand .I don't like some of the specs on some of the cars, wont buy a Chinese brand regardless ,I know lot of components are made by them but, they still have a long way to prove their self on the world platforms as a world car. Nissan has nota great reputation then Toyota are in the same boat with no stocks so I may have to settle for what ever I can but won't settle for a base model ,call me a snob but its a lot of $$$ and has to be my last purchase before I drop off the planet lol.

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Well I ended up with the Lava Orange i30 N Line sedan in the premium it was the only one I could get a deal on given no stocks or anyone with them wanted top $$$ . I paid the base price on road free rego. plate swap no charge for the metallic paint and then free dash matt ,floor matts and boot matt then premium window tint. The guy that left a deposit on it could not get finance so I pushed for this as it was sitting there for 3 weeks waiting for him to arrange finance. I had the cash with my Geneses Ultimate asa trade so got the best deal after all the haggling. I think I did well when compared to other dealership that advertised the same car with all the add ons for much higher prices.I could not Geta Tucson or Kia in the colours I wanted let alone have it in stock before the first 1/4 of next year. I pick it up this Saturday afternoon late.
Gear shift Vehicle Car Speedometer Automotive tire

Car is off to have the window tint done and detailed, Then I can pick it up Saturday Afternoon. I have paid for it so only need to change my number plates over and update the insurance details.
Gear shift Vehicle Car Speedometer Automotive tire
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Well I ended up with the Lava Orange i30 N Line sedan in the premium it was the only one I could get a deal on given no stocks or anyone with them wanted top $$$ . I paid the base price on road free rego. plate swap no charge for the metallic paint and then free dash matt ,floor matts and boot matt then premium window tint. The guy that left a deposit on it could not get finance so I pushed for this as it was sitting there for 3 weeks waiting for him to arrange finance. I had the cash with my Geneses Ultimate asa trade so got the best deal after all the haggling. I think I did well when compared to other dealership that advertised the same car with all the add ons for much higher prices.I could not Geta Tucson or Kia in the colours I wanted let alone have it in stock before the first 1/4 of next year. I pick it up this Saturday afternoon late.
1/4 of next year at the earliest. View attachment 159518 View attachment 159519 View attachment 159520 View attachment 159521 View attachment 159522
Nice ride…:still convinced though that you’ll be back.

·
Upside Down
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Geoff Orange and Purple only belong on Hot Rods and Harley’s no other form of transport should be these colours.

So this leads to a conundrum you must consider. If you buy a Orange car you need to add all after market Hot Rod accessories, this will add considerable $ to legally drive it.
Cheaper to keep the bike
You have to remember it is not Orange it is Lava Orange lol.:unsure::geek:(y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am about to sell the bike this week so won't be owning another one. Thanks to all the great members here that I have had the privilege of getting to know. I will miss the bike, I have also traded my Genesis as I am updating my car to a new one and the bike needs to go to help finance the deal to enable cash payment.
I need a car more than the bike as it allows me to transport my mates wheel chair around to appointments etc.

Please ride safe guys and look after your self and your families ,wishing you all a merry Christmas and happy new Year.

Kind regards
Geoff
Stay safe brother. Family first.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts