BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Did not find much searched data specific to K1600 B series "OEM seat satisfaction". Will likely be trading my GA for a B before month's end. If you are a B owner, please comment on your OEM seat comfort from both short hops and long rides. It is different than the GA seat, so I'm wondering what to expect.
B series aftermarket seat owner comments welcome too.
Thanks -

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have no plans on changing out the stock seat on my B right now. It's been plenty comfortable for me on short and medium rides. Haven't had the chance to get out on multiple days yet, so that could change things.

Zach

·
Registered
56 Posts
I found the stock K1600B seat to be quite uncomfortable due to a "reverse dish" seating area that focused pressure and a forward slope that constantly had me sliding forward. I replaced it with a Sargent Enhanced Passenger seat about 9,000 miles ago and couldn't be happier. All-day comfort for me and a world of difference for a passenger.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Stock seat works fine for me. I have done several 400 mile days with no issues.

Much better than the stock seat on my RT which starting burning after about 100 miles.

To me, if I can move around just a little bit it makes a huge difference. The stock B seat is long enough that I can change positions frequently.

Reactions: Rider59

·
Registered
100 Posts
Greetings,
Did not find much searched data specific to K1600 B series "OEM seat satisfaction". Will likely be trading my GA for a B before month's end. If you are a B owner, please comment on your OEM seat comfort from both short hops and long rides. It is different than the GA seat, so I'm wondering what to expect.
Thanks -
I'm 5'7" / 150 lbs and the stock B seat is fine for me. Along with the footpegs and floorboards.

·
Techmeister
1,630 Posts
I will bet it comes down to weight. That said all BMW seat suck.

I had exactly the same questions when I brought home my GA. I managed 3000 on my first run and I hated the trip after two days. I ponied up for the RDL and I hate myself for being so cheap in the past.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Purchased a used B seat on eBay and took to Russell Day Long seats out of Redding, CA. Wanted to keep the stock seat for that "who knows". In case you don't know, RDL uses your factory seat pan to build there seats. This assures a perfect fit and operations.

Recently I put the stock seat back on, what a difference. For me, the RDL seat is far superior. They installed the factory heating pads and wiring on the RDL rebuild. Used black leather, top and sides.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I put 89,000 miles on my LT with the stock seat with some 1000 mile days! 26,000 miles on my GTL with a few back to back 1000 mile days, again with the stock seat. My current GA has the stock seat but haven't put in a really long day in the saddle yet but at this point the seat is comfortable. I guess with an RDL or Sargent I don't know what I am missing???!!!!

·
Bubonic
1,041 Posts
Lots on this topic in this forums if you really feel like a thorough education.

5'10 225 and the stock seat was almost paralyzing, especially for any distance riding.

Windshield and seat were the first add ons for me.

Just about everyone that has commented on similar topics has swapped out the stock seat for another option.

I went with a Air Hawk Seat and for 10,000 miles it has treated me well.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I had my stock low B seat reupholstered to give it more of a butt pocket and thinned out the area by my thighs. So the seat is actually 1/2 inch closer to the ground and way more comfortable than the stock setup. Only cost $75 to have it done.

·
Bubonic
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with the low seat on the B. There is less padding but it actually felt more comfortable. preferred my feet flat on the ground (5'10"). The low seat is also more flat and I like it more in corners, feels more like my previous road king seat. For long distances I bought an Airhawk cushion and it works great, easy on and easy off. The cushion is not good for tight corners, so for spirited riding I take it off.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Greetings,
Thanks -
I have had my stock seat for about a year and it put on roughly 3000 miles on it. It’s the best stock seat I’ve ever sat on. I have no real issues with it. And I’ve gone on One three day thousand mile trip with no issues. my previous bikes all had Corbin seats. Which I love. I was gonna stay on the seat until it started to bug me. It’s neoprene to clean and preserve use a vinyl rubber product. are use exclusively griots products.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lots on this topic in this forums if you really feel like a thorough education.

5'10 225 and the stock seat was almost paralyzing, especially for any distance riding.

Windshield and seat were the first add ons for me.

Just about everyone that has commented on similar topics has swapped out the stock seat for another option.

I went with a Air Hawk Seat and for 10,000 miles it has treated me well.
What windscreen did you go with?

·
Bubonic
1,041 Posts
What windscreen did you go with?
I went with an AeroFlow and (for me) I would not recommend it. The reason I say this is only one: There is a halo rainbow shaped glare that consumes about two inches of the outer perimeter of the windscreen that goes all the way around like a rainbow. This is like a dead zone that can't be seen through and creates an irritating glare at times. To do over - I would not use this company. Even if this is an isolated incident exclusive to the windscreen I purchased - boo on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts