BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to purchase a heated high seat for my 2020 K1600 Grand America. Will trade my standard height if desired or purchase outright.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If no one wants to trade, I might be interested in purchasing seat/seat pan as I'm looking to get an RDL seat and don't want to be without a ride for a 4 - 6 weeks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You flip the mounting bracket to the high setting to see if that's better for you before getting the seat?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate your input and understand your suggestion. I have a 2017 R1200GS as well and the seat has the high/low adjustment that you reference. Unfortunately on the Grand America the adjustment plate is held in place by a plastic type rivet that looks like it was not designed to be removed. I have read that if the retaining rivet is removed and the seat is adjusted to the high setting the support of the seat pan is not sufficient and you could have a failure. I am 6' 3" and find the distance from the seat to the foot pets quite confining on long rides. I am hoping to acquire a high seat to help this situation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the B. It's just a pop rivet thing. Why would it have the bracket, with the words high and low, if you weren't supposed to do it?

But, good luck with the new seat.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts