BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a number of top box luggage racks for my GA. Have narrowed it down to the Kuryakin Adjustable, Isotta and Wunderlich. Like the idea of the Isotta as you do not need to drill the top box lid. Anyway, my question concerns the inside of the GA Top box lid. When I examined it yesterday, I noticed 4 circular mouldings with a cross in each which looked like a cap that you would unscrew with a Phillips screwdriver or similar. So are these “casting“ marks that indicate where you drill for a top box rack such as the Wunderlich offering or something from another BMW - K1600 GT or GTL for example?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just fitted a Wunderlich to mine, and they are too far back to be in the right position. I drilled down from the top, but be careful, the lid is not actually symmetrical and I had to use one of my own longer bolts to secure it as part of the lid is double skinned, but it did go on ok after I dropped and lost one of the small plastic mounts :oops:

Zoom in on the pic of me in Wales last week and you can see it fitted:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Isotta does not work with the 2019 GA because of the rear speakers. Kuryakin misses the moldings also. The top ones are close but they were designed for a BMW top
20200117_150120_resized.jpg
rack that never came to be.

·
Registered
65 Posts
How
Isotta does not work with the 2019 GA because of the rear speakers. Kuryakin misses the moldings also. The top ones are close but they were designed for a BMW top View attachment 145689 rack that never came to be.
@MWNahas
How do you like the Kuryakin Multi-Rack Adjustable Trunk Luggage Rack? I love the lines of the K16GA without any rack, but I need the carrying capacity for longer trips. Your Kuryakin looks good from the top (and your bike is same color as mine). Can you post a few more photos at different points-of-view? Thanks

·
Registered
984 Posts
How

@MWNahas
How do you like the Kuryakin Multi-Rack Adjustable Trunk Luggage Rack? I love the lines of the K16GA without any rack, but I need the carrying capacity for longer trips. Your Kuryakin looks good from the top (and your bike is same color as mine). Can you post a few more photos at different points-of-view? Thanks
We like the rack. We use a rack bag to store all the rain gear extra gloves etc. in it since it is very light. Advise not putting heavy stuff up there. Heavy stuff belongs down low.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Michael, thank you. I've had a rack on my RT, LT and Goldwing, and own a bag that fits perfect. I just have not found the right rack for the GA topcase. It looks soooooo good without a rack, but I'll probably invest before out next long trip. The extra storage capability is worth it. Thanks again. Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts