BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

It is with a heavy heart that I have to give up riding and sell my lovely nearly new and fully loaded K16. An old injury forces me to sell as I can’t put my leg down quickly when pulling to a stop and last thing I want is to drop it so the surgeon suggested I sell it on.

I bought it from BMW Gloucester last year and had every extra fitted including a full paint protection kit before I picked it up.

The bike was registered 26 May 2018, is still under warranty and will come with the following:

Personal plate JV03 BMW valued at £1000
Navigator 6
Full Paint Protection Film
Engine bars
Rear brake light
Option 719 seat and backrest in tan
Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic with pinstripes
Option 719 classic forged wheels wheels
SOS intelligent Emergency Call and Telematics
Keyless
Gearshift Assist Pro
Reverse gear (great bit of kit)
Hill start control
Central locking
LED Foglights
Anti-theft Alarm
Master Data tag system
BMW battery conditioner/charger
Biketrac Tracker installed
Pair of Remus Black Hawk removable baffle exhausts (beautiful sound and shows off that straight 6 engine) plus originals
Titanium brake and clutch levers (not yet fitted)
Full BMW interior bags, Topbox and panniers
Helibars (not yet fitted)
Puig Touring large clear screen sale includes original screen
Also have a black high seat unused.
2 x System 7 Prime helmets including BMW System 7 communications system. 1 is 62/63, the other is 60/61. The 62/63 has been used once and the 60/61 is unused.
1 x BMW XL Coverall
1 x BMW Gents Streetguard Black Suit size 58 worn once
1 x BMW Ladies Tourshell Deep Sea Blue Suit size 44 Never worn
Indoor Carcoon System Long in clear with red base bubble unused still in box
Abu’s Granite City 1010 Chain plus keys

Probably missed some bits.

As you can see it’s a lot of bike and equipment for the asking price.
Mileage is approx 1100 miles and main dealer FSH.

If you were to buy it new, you would be looking at close to £29-30000 and I am asking

£24999 for the lot which is a bargain.

PM me if interested, many thanks

Jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts
Are you sure it was first registered in 2015? It looks like a 2017/18 motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Are you sure it was first registered in 2015? It looks like a 2017/18 motorcycle.
Agreed. That’s a beautiful bike. But don’t think it’s a 2015.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry to hear you can't ride it any more. I guess you have investigated landing gear - https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-general-discussions/38249-ultimate-farkle.html

Lovely bike, but I suspect you might be over-egging the price, although it's first registered May 2018, not 2015, and would cost brand new, according to https://build-my-bike.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/index_en_GB.html less than £24K. You might be better off selling the bike as standard for a lower price, and selling the plate and farkles separately, disappointing though that may be.

Good luck

Joe

·
Registered
253 Posts
@JimVee - I can only imagine how heartbroken you must feel at having to give up riding and a bike that you clearly intended to use for years to come. Please take these suggestions in the spirit they're meant, i.e. to help you get the best return as you dispose of it.
  1. Unfortunately, optional kit rarely adds significant value to the sale so however much the options cost you, don't bargain on getting more than token value for them back - unless they can be sold separately, like the Nav VI
  2. Can you get the original supplying dealer to display it in their showroom and sell it on a commission basis for you? If so, it may attract someone's eye and could be a relatively easy sale for you
  3. Advertise all the extras that can be easily detached (Nav VI, Inner Bags, Remus slip-ons, Titanium Levers, etc.) and advertise them separately. Each will sell and probably get a good price, but trying top find one person who wants all of them together will be hard
  4. The clothing and helmets were obviously a significant investment, but getting anything more than 50% of what you paid for them will, in my experience, be very difficult even though they are "as new". Again, advertise each item separately to get the best chance of selling at a good price
Good luck with the sale and spend the money on something entertaining like a Mercedes SLK or BMW Z4 :grin:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys,

@Arizona Jim and @J-Luv Thanks and date changed to 2018.

@joe-r and @st13phil, thanks and the legs are too far gone so just going for it. I appreciate the comment on extra's etc but was hoping to keep it all together. This is my first port of call and if it doesn't go then will strip it and sell it to the dealer, then sell theclothing etc separately. As for alternatives, I have a 73 Beetle and 71 T2 Bay window to play with lol although they are expensive to look after lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts