BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!

Location for K1600 owners meet up.

• ACT

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • NSW

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • VIC

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • QLD

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 20 of 517 Posts

·
Called in sick; gone riding 🏍
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok time to organise a ride for everyone to get together. We all get on well and it would be good for a face to face and catch up.

The poll is the most active states on the forum and you decide where you would like everyone to catch up.

After the poll has finished it's finalised and won't be changed then we can try and organise a date convenient for everyone it doesn't bother me I'll ride anywhere.

Accommodation will be decided preferably a country pub with accommodation and restaurant. Anyone living in that area would be helpful.

Two nights would be good and could even get a discount on a group booking and those paying off speeding tickets and paint jobs no names mentioned Geoff.

Let me know what you think throw out some ideas and let's do this. It would be good to catch up with everyone in person. I've met some good people of the forum and made good friendships it would be good to continue it.

·
Premium Member
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
2,520 Posts
Country NSW is my selection Sept > March is my window
I have 2 rides booked with mates.
1. Last wk in November Alpine ride up to Tumut
2. In March doing Tasmania ride for a wk or 2 ( not booked yet )

I would enjoy meeting you guys

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I'll say NSW but it doesn't worry me if its ACT either.
Anytime should be good as long as i give notice to get time off im all good.

·
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cast votes then time will be decided and date l need to give six weeks notice for rec leave will aim for next year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Country NSW gets my vote too.

There’s some sublime roads, generally low policing and heaps of pubs to choose from.

The road from Oberon to Taralga to Oberon via Trunkey Creek (see pic) has something for everyone. The majority of that loop has good surfaces and 100km/hour limits.

The Royal Hotel in Oberon is large, has some old school charm, quite a few rooms, secured parking at rear for 20 bikes or 6 GTLs snigger there’s also a pizza joint in town.

Oberon, Tarana, Neville, Woodstock, Blayney, these are all places that have hosted such events.

I have an extremely flexible schedule so I’ll leave it to other/s to select a date.

·
Premium Member
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
2,520 Posts
Looks like someone has nominated as Captain Navigation , well done John hope the NSW locals don’t cause a rebellion. There could be a state v state rumble

·
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let everyone decide I'm for nsw myself then location and date what months do you have free Damo that doesn't have footy involved?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Being from ACT, Country NSW sounds good for me as well. That Dinplug loop above is nice riding, done it before, it’s good. Never stayed at the pub in Oberon though, we stayed in a Bathurst motel And then returned the next day to Canberra, via Goulburn

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GTL, 1998 Triumph Daytona, 1983 YZ250K
742 Posts
I’ll jump in at post #4326 and find out where and when it’s on, looking forward to it. Well done to @Thomoqld i always knew you had it covered despite the doubters 😁

·
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've organised these before over the years it's not rocket science it's a matter of pulling the finger out and doing it 😁 l checked dinplug location looks great and only 12 hour ride could smash that out in a day

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Country NSW gets my vote too.

There’s some sublime roads, generally low policing and heaps of pubs to choose from.

The road from Oberon to Taralga to Oberon via Trunkey Creek (see pic) has something for everyone. The majority of that loop has good surfaces and 100km/hour limits.

The Royal Hotel in Oberon is large, has some old school charm, quite a few rooms, secured parking at rear for 20 bikes or 6 GTLs snigger there’s also a pizza joint in town.

Oberon, Tarana, Neville, Woodstock, Blayney, these are all places that have hosted such events.

I have an extremely flexible schedule so I’ll leave it to other/s to select a date.
I've ridden all these roads as well, good riding, good choice 👍,Baz.

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GTL, 1998 Triumph Daytona, 1983 YZ250K
742 Posts
When I had the GTR14 l did rides with the far riders over a thousand k in a day @AntonZ he'll probably want 4 days to get there 😁
I’ll crate & freight the bike down and fly 👌🏼

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
I've organised these before over the years it's not rocket science it's a matter of pulling the finger out and doing it 😁 l checked dinplug location looks great and only 12 hour ride could smash that out in a day
That’s on the back roads, of course?

1 - 20 of 517 Posts