BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!

Location for K1600 owners meet up.

• ACT

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • NSW

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • VIC

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • QLD

Votes: 2 20.0%
461 - 480 of 517 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GTL, 1998 Triumph Daytona, 1983 YZ250K
742 Posts
I can tell by your pics that you’re riding a lot harder that I am, the level of abrasion on different roads also a factor.

·
Called in sick; gone riding 🏍
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
Apart from that time l passed you doing 180 coming back from Cooroy with the 80k bend coming up throttle slipped 😬

·
Premium Member
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
2,520 Posts
I dont think i will get another month, then Uralla on this set. Just booked a new set for the 3rd of Feb. The GSA is getting a Service and new tyres 2nd Feb, so both bikes ready to head up for the ride.

Ive changed home trip, we will head from Wisemans Ferry to Tumut then Tumut we will do the Snowy Hwy thing, down to Bomballa through to Omeo stay at the Omeo Pub and head home from there. puts another day or 2 onto the trip

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Try not to be heroes on your Uralla to the beach run gents, everyone wants to play another day - sermon over. Baz
Come on Mate, we want to chase that XR. Ive been chasing my mate on his, its to fast through the corners. BUT I HATE THE SEAT ON THE XR not made for larger lads

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Come on Mate, we want to chase that XR. Ive been chasing my mate on his, its to fast through the corners. BUT I HATE THE SEAT ON THE XR not made for larger lads
Ha ha, gave myself a decent scare a little while back chasing a young bloke through the Kosci Nat Park, decided to grow up, lose the red mist and be sensible.
I have found that I like just tooling around and having a little play now and again. Haven't been retired long so don't wanna bite it now 😁.
Yep, for most people including me, the XR seat is shite.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Like a lot of things Baz " If you play to much, there are consequences " Going blind is just 1, there's many to consider.

I agree a little play ( on the bike ) is fun, but its more enjoyable taking in the ride and seeing the Countryside.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
@Damian M if you haven't had the Dealer run a software update on your Bagger then maybe get it done before the trip? Improving throttle response my post 48 👍
Ok I will call Southbank Motorad tomorrow to see if they can fit me in.

Just to get your knowledge.
I remove the tune and take it to Motorad to run software update
Do I go put the tune back in or do I buy a new tune ?

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
Ok I will call Southbank Motorad tomorrow to see if they can fit me in.

Just to get your knowledge.
I remove the tune and take it to Motorad to run software update
Do I go put the tune back in or do I buy a new tune ?
Check with them to see if they have done any updates first: if they have before you installed Bren Tune then check when and whether it has the Throttle-twist grip sensor teach-in done. Peter should be able to help 👍

It will cost to get this remapped by Bren Tune and could be a bit tedious for you, as you have to reinstall the BMW Stock file (file 0), have the dealer run updates, get a reset code from Bren, reset the handheld, download the BMW file from the bike, email it to Bren plus payment, they then send the remapped files which you upload to the handheld (with the MyGenius program which must be on Windows) and then instal from the handheld to the bike.

If you're happy with what you've got then don't worry: but if you want to bring the handheld and let me put the current Stage 2 tune on the bagger then I can do that for you ☕

Don't listen to Chris, he's a natural misery 😇🤣

461 - 480 of 517 Posts