BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!

Location for K1600 owners meet up.

• ACT

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • NSW

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • VIC

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • QLD

Votes: 2 20.0%
481 - 500 of 517 Posts

·
Premium Member
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
2,520 Posts
Check with them to see if they have done any updates first: if they have before you installed Bren Tune then check when and whether it has the Throttle-twist grip sensor teach-in done. Peter should be able to help 👍

It will cost to get this remapped by Bren Tune and could be a bit tedious for you, as you have to reinstall the BMW Stock file (file 0), have the dealer run updates, get a reset code from Bren, reset the handheld, download the BMW file from the bike, email it to Bren plus payment, they then send the remapped files which you upload to the handheld (with the MyGenius program which must be on Windows) and then instal from the handheld to the bike.

If you're happy with what you've got then don't worry: but if you want to bring the handheld and let me put the current Stage 2 tune on the bagger then I can do that for you ☕

Don't listen to Chris, he's a natural misery 😇🤣
Ok will make the call tomorrow to Pete The Guru.

·
Called in sick; gone riding 🏍
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
Didn't the stage two make your bike cut out ever thought about a dyno seems brentune more trouble than it's worth, eventually when I upgrade something new l might look at rapid bike.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Stage 2 played up Stage 1 is fine never had a issue and still no issue.

If the bike can have a software update, that ain’t a issue either. Your reading the play wrong mate.

·
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
I did a update with the GS tool no idea what it was just said bike needed updates still running fine

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Lol I haven’t found time to do the oil cooler guard. Haven’t worried about the GSA Brentune yet. It goes in for a service 2nd of Feb see if they can do it then

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Yes they do most things well. Comfort and Handling they do best.
Straight line there's faster bikes.

For a bit of everything, there a great choice of bike

·
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #495 ·

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Ha ha, gave myself a decent scare a little while back chasing a young bloke through the Kosci Nat Park, decided to grow up, lose the red mist and be sensible.
I have found that I like just tooling around and having a little play now and again. Haven't been retired long so don't wanna bite it now 😁.
Yep, for most people including me, the XR seat is shite.
Try MJM seats at Goulburn he should be able to redo your seat. he did mine and I love it. long hours no issues

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Try MJM seats at Goulburn he should be able to redo your seat. he did mine and I love it. long hours no issues
Yeah I dropped in to see him about my F800GS seat some years back.
I noticed your seat the other day Duanne, meant to ask you about it.

·
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
4 weeks and counting QLD have now canned border pass and Covid tests

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
4 weeks and counting QLD have now canned border pass and Covid tests
Makes the whole border closure thing look like a chronic waste of resources now hey.
Funny how ol Anastasia No Friends opens up the State just at holiday time and you don't need neg results or anything now, come one come all to Qld, so much for her "I'm keeping all Queenslanders safe" routine.

·
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #500 ·
Mate they don't have any resources now they are looking at un vax people now to enter pubs etc. So everything we've put up with like lock downs borders closed loss of jobs income seems pointless.

481 - 500 of 517 Posts