BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 836 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a few sightings posted on the forum lately, but spotting a wild K1600 in its natural habitat is still a rare sight! Post any sightings here, and if you're the rider, give a shout out!

Spotted a blue GTL on the southbound I-15 expressway this afternoon around 1:45PM. Oregon plate. Rode behind you for about 5 miles before I gave you a salute and took my exit.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Silver K16GTL spotted eastbound on US 12 near Egan Hwy in the Irish Hills of Michigan, about noon 8/15/11.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Spotted grey GT early afternoon of August 10th on road between Sturgis and Deadwood SD.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Spotted a silver GTL westbound Richmond-San Rafael bridge (I 580) ON A TRAILER last Thursday/Friday. No plates on it and the pickup truck driver was being too cautious to notice my wave and thumbs up as I drove by in my car (ugh).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Spotted a blue GTL on Scripps Poway Parkway at about 3:30 yesterday afternoon. There were a few other bikes as well, but couldn't tell if they were together. I was in my cage, unfortunately.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was riding this past Friday in New Jersey somewhere near Tewksbury and saw a Light Grey GT in the opposing lane. It looked like a mirror image. Pretty cool.

This is the first K1600 I've seen anywhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Red GT with a high-viz-jacketed rider near Whitewater (just west of Palm Springs) yesterday. My car's temp gauge read 110 degrees. My hat is off to you, GT rider.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was at BAK BMW in Sioux City IA a few weeks ago working out the details on my order when a wild silver GTL drove up. I talked a bit with the owner but didn't catch his name or if he is a member here. He said he also rides a Connie. Any one here?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I spotted a white GT on the M25 going anti-clockwise this afternoon at about 3:20 pm between the M40 and M4 junctions.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I've never seen one on the road. I would love to see what the owl eyes look like coming towards me on the road! If you have a K1600 and happen to be in the DC/Baltimore metro area, let me know. I'll just "ride around" until I bump in to you on the road somewhere :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I saw one on Saturday about 1:30pm at the intersection of the 46 west and highway 1 in California, just south of Cambria. What a beautiful place to take a ride.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Soon to spot, September 4, @08:30, Tongeren (Belgium) at "de Pauze".

:k16: Start of a daytrip of Meeusen Motoren with probably a couple of GT(L)s :eek:

(I'll post some pics later...)

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Spotted a blue one, just like mine, on the Dragon last Monday. I was on my RT so he didn't even know I was alive :)

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I spotted a Blue GTL leaving a restaurant in Bothell, WA a few weeks ago - they were going on the North Cascades Loop - about 400 miles round trip from my place. I did the same loop the next week. On a weekday there is little traffic to slow you down and there are many fine corners to scrape away some of that unnecessary footpeg material. :gm

·
Administrator
1,728 Posts
Arvada, Colorado, heading east on 64th Ave, near Indiana at 2:40 pm. Blue GTL with the sweetie on the back.. Who is it?

1 - 20 of 836 Posts