BMW K1600 Forum banner

801 - 820 of 842 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
This reminds me: During the BMW MOA (which I didn't attend), while riding from the Dragon to Kentucky, we took a spin on "Devil's Triangle", counter clockwise on my Silver GTL. About half way thru I came across a fella on a K1600 right where the road takes a sharp Left, but a gravel road or driveway appeared to go straight. Dude signaled he was okay and directed me to stay on the road, and I wondered which one of ya'll that was? My buddy was following me on a blue and white Katana, if that rings any bells.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I saw numerous K1600's at the Tail Of The Dragon this past weekend. Mine was there naked, no top or side bags.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Saw a white GTL with pillion headed eastbound
into the Hampton roads tunnel around 1415 Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
2,325 Posts
I stopped in Exeter, Ontario to fill up with gas and lo and behold another K1600 was there.

We chatted for a few minutes. He bought his 2012 last summer.

K1600's are a rare sight around here.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Spotted my second K bike ever - (1st one was earlier this year on the expressway I-94 traveling Westbound approximately 30 minutes East of Detroit)

St. Clair Shores Michigan on Jefferson Avenue pulling into his driveway.
It appeared to be a Black Storm Metallic GTL.
I intend to introduce myself, since this fellow is on my daily commute.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Saw an 18 White GTL at the store in my little town of Brinnon last evening. Plate from the state of Morelos, Mexico.

He was a long way from home:

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Saw a K1600 parked in Woodland Hills with the license plate EXCLUSIF

Anyone know if the owner is on the forum?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Doing my weekly north run on Utah I-15 today I spotted three bikes about 1/2 mile in front of me. I'm running 105 or so and can't catch them so I know they're not Harleys. 45 minutes later semis are in both lanes so I was able to roll up on them. Two GTLs and a GT. Hah. Looking good.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I saw 2 black K1600s heading south out of Quilcene, WA on US 101 around 1pm yesterday.

They saw an orange GT headed north - me!:grin:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Friday I saw a "brownish" (unless it was dirty-black) K1600 GTL traveling north on 41 a little south of Keweenaw in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I was following 3 squids on harleys and he probably thought I was part of their "gang" - I pulled up next to him and we exchanged smiles.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Saw my first K16 Bagger and only the 3rd K bike I've seen on the rode around me. Traveling in Detroit on Jefferson last night approximately 8:00 p.m.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My wife swears she saw a K16GT like mine in the wild, but with Gray paint.
Does anyone know if they've ever offered that color in any of the K bikes that might be a lookalike?

Since I bought mine this past winter, I haven't seen (or noticed) another GT except at the dealer. :-/

(Surprising since I live in the most densely populated state, maybe I need new glasses)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Spotted a Austin Yellow GA riding across the cable bridge from Kenewick to Pasco Wa. today on the way home after work around 17:45. I was on my GA going the the opposite direction

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Are you allowed to "sight" your own motobike?
LOL, almost posted one myself. Was driving alongside of a liquid tanker that was shined up like a mirror. I have never seen one so reflective, it was almost disturbing to see your reflection distort while passing. As I went by I thought 'thats a good looking K1600' and thought about taking a picture for this thread :)

801 - 820 of 842 Posts