BMW K1600 Forum banner

K1600 Sightings Thread

187K views 917 replies 358 participants last post by  Crustyapo 
#1 ·
There have been a few sightings posted on the forum lately, but spotting a wild K1600 in its natural habitat is still a rare sight! Post any sightings here, and if you're the rider, give a shout out!

Spotted a blue GTL on the southbound I-15 expressway this afternoon around 1:45PM. Oregon plate. Rode behind you for about 5 miles before I gave you a salute and took my exit.

#547 ·
I was riding this past Friday in New Jersey somewhere near Tewksbury and saw a Light Grey GT in the opposing lane. It looked like a mirror image. Pretty cool.

This is the first K1600 I've seen anywhere.
you should come to this area more often. I live there and I have a blue gtl and I have seen another blue one in high bridge and a silver one at the Tewksbury general store :)

#12 ·
I was at BAK BMW in Sioux City IA a few weeks ago working out the details on my order when a wild silver GTL drove up. I talked a bit with the owner but didn't catch his name or if he is a member here. He said he also rides a Connie. Any one here?

#14 ·
I've never seen one on the road. I would love to see what the owl eyes look like coming towards me on the road! If you have a K1600 and happen to be in the DC/Baltimore metro area, let me know. I'll just "ride around" until I bump in to you on the road somewhere :)

#18 ·
Spotted a blue one, just like mine, on the Dragon last Monday. I was on my RT so he didn't even know I was alive :)

#19 ·
I spotted a Blue GTL leaving a restaurant in Bothell, WA a few weeks ago - they were going on the North Cascades Loop - about 400 miles round trip from my place. I did the same loop the next week. On a weekday there is little traffic to slow you down and there are many fine corners to scrape away some of that unnecessary footpeg material. :gm