BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!

All those in favour and suggested location:

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Peaks district

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Cotswolds

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Wales

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Scotland

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Europe

Votes: 5 25.0%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all - is it worth trying again?

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Definitely worth trying again.... We were disappointed when the last one had to be cancelled. Think Europe is probably the riskiest though... In terms of being allowed to go I mean.

Reactions: 1stexecutive

·
Registered
K1600 GTLe
65 Posts
However, we could all meet at South Mimms and then head to the tunnel for a North France Tour. I do know of an Excellent B&B that also takes you out for evening meals and free guided tours, that ive used several times, with excellent roads for touring and sight seeing as a group if need be. Easily done over a long weekend if anyones interested. Ive never had a bad experience here, as Carol and Nigel are excellent hosts, and a great way to travel on the K1600
maison laudiere

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
However, we could all meet at South Mimms and then head to the tunnel for a North France Tour. I do know of an Excellent B&B that also takes you out for evening meals and free guided tours, that ive used several times, with excellent roads for touring and sight seeing as a group if need be. Easily done over a long weekend if anyones interested. Ive never had a bad experience here, as Carol and Nigel are excellent hosts, and a great way to travel on the K1600
maison laudiere
A good suggestion for those who like northern France 👍

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong @Anters, but I thought C&N were selling Maison Laudiere & moving back to Blighty.

Has there been a change of plan or did Brexit & Covid get in the way of marketing the place?

·
Registered
K1600 GTLe
65 Posts
As far as I know they are still there, well they were earlier in the year when I spoke to Nigel and had bookings, as you said, I think the current problems didn't help with the sale.
If they are, I will definitely be supporting them next year....it's a nice long weekend blast

·
Registered
K1600 GTLe
65 Posts
Best thing is to get some dates where most can attend, whether it's one or 2 dates. Maybe a 1 day / 2 day meet so folk can get to meet and see how everyone rides, then fix a date where you know who's a defo and not a maybe....you know how these plans can collapse after alot of work by the organiser.
Just saying,,,,

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for your interest and suggestions 👍.

Currently, it looks like Scotland - NC500 will be popular (travelling along western coast, stopping at John O'Groats for pics and then riding back through central Highlands/Lochs, to Edinburgh) should be good.

Travelling up to Scotland, via Lake District and returning via York, perhaps.

Happy for those who have experience of organising tours and know routes to take the lead, please...perhaps June 2022 will be best?

Poll will close in 7 days.

Reactions: neil lynch

·
Registered
K1600 GTLe
65 Posts
Sounds good, but I think a day meet first would be ideal, sooner rather than later as the tourist route will soon get booked up in my experience, especially in June

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds good, but I think a day meet first would be ideal, sooner rather than later as the tourist route will soon get booked up in my experience, especially in June
Perhaps a Teams /Zoom meeting call if people are too far away for planning purposes?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Perhaps a Teams /Zoom meeting call if people are too far away for planning purposes?
Agreed. NC500 in June is VERY busy and accommodation will be at a premium so early booking is essential.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: jesim1
1 - 20 of 55 Posts