BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked for Akrapovic photos I recently installed on my B. I feel better spending the money after seeing how well the Akra mufflers for the B are designed and constructed, as well as the materials used (carbon/titanium). Not just tubes with baffles!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
They look good on the bike. I like the grey color as well.

I would be interested in hearing some comments on how these exhaust sound verses stock, verses Remus if possible. I think it's great to have some competition for Remus. Hopefully it helps to bring the price down a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts

I would be interested in hearing some comments on how these exhaust sound verses stock, verses Remus if possible. I think it's great to have some competition for Remus. Hopefully it helps to bring the price down a bit.
+1 on all counts.

They also look a little smaller and may allow a tad more lean angle - I have some scrapes on the bottom of my stock cans.

Another plus for smaller cans is it will be easier to check the air pressure in the tire and easier to wash the tire/wheel and back end.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Someone asked for Akrapovic photos I recently installed on my B. I feel better spending the money after seeing how well the Akra mufflers for the B are designed and constructed, as well as the materials used (carbon/titanium). Not just tubes with baffles!
Very nice ! How much was the set, bottom line? I have the GA.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I don't notice the Akras being any louder than stock until higher up in the rev band. But the tone is a little deeper at idle. Personally I was looking for louder cans.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Remus have a great sound and offers the most access to the rear wheel. Akras are smaller than stock, but for me it was the styling/materials/construction that sold me..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't weigh but apparent when removing the stock cans and installing the Akras. On their web site Akra claims their cans are 5.6 kg (12.34 lb) lighter than stock cans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts