·
International Man of Mystery
3,565 Posts
Your bike is so clean....

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
3,565 Posts
Well, does that apply for black bikes too?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Worst. Lol
After getting my Beasty Girl, this is prolly not the best bike for someone with OCD like myself. This thing has a kazillion nooks and crevices fir dirt and dust to get into but I still love it. Hehehe

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a ‘18 GA and rarely use the floorboards, however they are attractive as such. Might sell them, lol...
I'd love to stretch out my legs and would pay a pretty penny for floorboards. But if I have to pull the left leg back on the peg just to shift a gear then I would not do that for every gear shift, and just leave my foot on the pegs under the seat. Maybe at cramp time, if I am on the interstate I'd try and stretch to the footboard, otherwis I do what I do now and stand up every 30 minutes because BMW K bikes are good for 30 minutes between cramps. But......I would not end up using floorboards either. Supposedly the Grand America is all about accommodating the American customer, but this American thinks it's still a thoroughly German bike. Nothin 'mericun about it. Now if they gave it a DCT automatic transmission and only footboards up front (no pegs), then I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Don't need foot pegs under me to scrape something in curves.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I like what a fellow customer looking at my bike said to me at an indy shop: "its like it got 2 gears and 4 overdrives". I hardly got my feet off the floorboards except for changing gears quickly and going at extreme slow speeds. I come off hwy , im usually dropping down 2-3 gears ,so there ain't a whole lot of time moving my foot back one gear at a time. Using the shift assist pro, im not loosing any stability pulling clutch in as often either.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sorry I posted the above before seeing you have already ordered your G pegs. Hope it all works for you and be safe.
@Geoff_3 all good and just because I have ordered them doesn’t mean they will be what I stay with. Prior to your picture I hadn’t seen the pegs mounted that way.

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
If you mean mine lol, I wash it after every ride, wipe it down and blow dry it lol also run the hose over the radiator and oil coolers to make sure they are clean and free of stones, dirt or dust. Thanks
for the compliment, if you meant my bike lol.:cool::unsure:(y)

Reactions: XtBimmer

·
3,565 Posts
If you mean mine lol, I wash it after every ride, wipe it down and blow dry it lol also run the hose over the radiator and oil coolers to make sure they are clean and free of stones, dirt or dust. Thanks
for the compliment, if you meant my bike lol.:cool::unsure:(y)
Yes I did look at your super clean bike. I am a slob though. Without the free bike wash at the dealer at every service my bike rarely gets cleaning except dirt and bug removal from wind shield, lights and instrument cluster. After 2-3 years I trade it in and I am always impressed how great it looks when I see it in the showroom a few days later. Almost intrigued to buy it............ :)

·
KBiK
1,722 Posts
If you do not clean anything on your bike, you must clean the radiator! If you don't, you are going to overheat!

·
3,565 Posts
If you do not clean anything on your bike, you must clean the radiator! If you don't, you are going to overheat!
Absolutely, I forgot to mention that. Gentle application of a pressure washer with the mud guard detached couple of times per season. Similar with the oil cooler, it is a perfect bug catcher.

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Yes I did look at your super clean bike. I am a slob though. Without the free bike wash at the dealer at every service my bike rarely gets cleaning except dirt and bug removal from wind shield, lights and instrument cluster. After 2-3 years I trade it in and I am always impressed how great it looks when I see it in the showroom a few days later. Almost intrigued to buy it............ :)
lol, You sound so much like my riding buddy we do a 700 KLM. ride day, he goes home and rests and has dinner. I am an idiot as feed the dog walk him then the bike is cool enough to wash even in the dark. During the winter months it is so dark I use a white cane to guide me through the washing process and feel my way around the bike. lol.

Reactions: ViennaK

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Excuse me lol.o_O That question should be does that apply to Black Stealth bikes? not Black bikes lol :cool::unsure::geek:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Correct on the storage issues on the GT which I think is built into the side panel it would take a side panel change or major modifications and like others have said positioning would be different I would think but not sitting on it I wouldn’t know
From 2017 onwards the GTL and Bagger/GA had a different fairing to the GT which makes it harder on the GT to fit the footboards.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts