BMW K1600 Forum banner

K1600B floor boards on a GT

7K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  K1600Belco 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking at getting a 2020 GT and would also like to have the floorboards from the bagger.

I don't see any reason why the floorboards from the bagger won't fit the GT given they mount to the engine. What I'm not sure about is if they are still usable given the bodywork of the GT/GTL has an extra storage compartment which may push the leg out further.

Looking forward to your opinion.

#2 ·
I think you are trying to mix Champagne with Guinness!

The GT riding position is the most forward and, dare I say, aggressive rider position in the K1600 line. As I understand, the B/GA has the most laid back, "cruiser" rider position.

I would recommend you ride a GT and then a B/GA. Decide which position fits you best and stick with it.

#3 ·
I think you are trying to mix Champagne with Guinness!

The GT riding position is the most forward and, dare I say, aggressive rider position in the K1600 line. As I understand, the B/GA has the most laid back, "cruiser" rider position.

I would recommend you ride a GT and then a B/GA. Decide which position fits you best and stick with it.
Good idea except the dealer doesn't have any in stock. I'm coming from a R1250GS (we won't get into why). Anyway I broke my leg badly years ago and find I need to stand up occasionally or on the GS I can rest my leg on the engine. So that is why I was after the floor boards. I thought another option such as the crash bars and then iLium Works pegs.

#4 ·
I think the B floorboards would be too far forward to stand up comfortably.
I think those wide pegs would be the best option. I stood up on my first harley to check traffic ahead and the foot peg broke. Didn't go down except for slamming my jewels on the tank but the thought is always in my head, whenever I choose to stand up.

#6 ·
I think the B floorboards would be too far forward to stand up comfortably.
I think those wide pegs would be the best option. I stood up on my first harley to check traffic ahead and the foot peg broke. Didn't go down except for slamming my jewels on the tank but the thought is always in my head, whenever I choose to stand up.
Good feedback. That's exactly why I asked here.

#5 ·
You will lose the storage compartments and very likely the arrangement of GT bars and seat will force you in a strange position with your feet on the floorboards. Personally I have not seen a GT with floorboards installed.

Reactions: Geoff_3
#8 ·
Correct on the storage issues on the GT which I think is built into the side panel it would take a side panel change or major modifications and like others have said positioning would be different I would think but not sitting on it I wouldn’t know

#12 ·
The bagger models that have floorboards also have pegs. I have a GT, stand on the pegs, and they better not break. I had a Harley Electra Glide that I mounted the foot board extensions to and extended forward controls. I could stand by force bracing against the floor board and pulling on the handle bar. The problem with BMW's bagger with floorboard is that it does not have forward foot controls. I think that is downright dumb, and I would not buy it just because of that. Somehow BMW can not let go of foot pegs under the seat. Sad.

#14 ·
One more thing I forgot to mention is that one of our members, jryan19 is a machinist and he fabricated a 3/4” riser. They don’t pull back the handle bars, it just lifts the bar position up 3/4 of an inch. You still lean forward but the position is more comfortable to me over the stock location. Like I said, it’s nice to have choices.

#21 ·
Your bike is so clean....

#23 ·
Well, does that apply for black bikes too?

#26 ·
I like what a fellow customer looking at my bike said to me at an indy shop: "its like it got 2 gears and 4 overdrives". I hardly got my feet off the floorboards except for changing gears quickly and going at extreme slow speeds. I come off hwy , im usually dropping down 2-3 gears ,so there ain't a whole lot of time moving my foot back one gear at a time. Using the shift assist pro, im not loosing any stability pulling clutch in as often either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.