BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2019 Grand America and I am considering a rack for the top case. I prefer the look of the case without any 'additions', but when my wife and I go on trips, we usually have a bag strapped to the top case (all my other bikes had a top case rack). Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
There are atleast 3 different threads on this topic with options. Try searching GA top box rack. It will work for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had purchased the smoked gray plexiglass rack mentioned in other posts. It worked great on my 2018 Grand America but I cannot find the equivalent that fits the 2019 Grand America with the new speakers on the rear seat. I loved the "no drill mount" and wish I could find the equivalent for the 2019. Sorry...i'm looking for the same thing yet.

·
Registered
924 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Wunderlich is cheaper by ordering from France
Order - SDMOTO Parts
Others have reported no issues buying from overseas vendors but I am wary now because I got hit with duties and taxes on a purchase a couple of years ago. The money that I "saved" was erased once I paid the duties. I could have refused the shipment but due to my mailman leaving the package without getting my signature (and consent to accept), I went ahead and paid the fees to keep my mailman happy and out of trouble with his boss. It wasn't a lot of money but I will make sure of who pays what before I do it again - especially if it is a big ticket item. I noticed that some of the eBay sellers are clearly posting this warning about duties now.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Be like Mike; ordered mine from Kuryakin and had the dealer install it a few weeks ago, Looks good and is a great fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts