BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Good luck.
I purchased my exhaust from BellissiMoto in Las Vegas, NV. My exhaust had to be shipped from Austria to PA, then to NV, then back to me in NY because PA wouldn't drop ship.

• Sad
Reactions: Damian M

·
XXXX for Bogans, VB the best beer
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
3,359 Posts
Damian M., scojoe-thank you both again! And yes, those tires look entirely too new on the edges so that must be rectified ASAP. Been riding it to work lately as it’s more fulfilling to make a payment to BMW every month than to make a payment to a shrink for an hour, and it accomplishes more-especially by cheating the oil companies out of a profit by buying less and riding more!
Nevadahalfrack
Doing the same here Mate. My Office is, not much traffic 1hr drive or in peak hour traffic 1.30hr to 1.45hr drive. On the bike at worst 45min. Love riding the bike to work so much easier, on the way home I can sneak off and do a few good country roads to chill out before home.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Did you guys ever figure this out? If not, I have a set of baffles that I'll donate to the cause.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
This is a very nice offer. I would've done the same, but here in NY they're putting up dB meters with very stiff fines, so I might need to put my baffles in, unfortunately. Otherwise I've never put them in as I enjoy the sound without them very much.
Font Screenshot Parallel Paper Document

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This is a very nice offer. I would've done the same, but here in NY they're putting up dB meters with very stiff fines, so I might need to put my baffles in, unfortunately. Otherwise I've never put them in as I enjoy the sound without them very much.
View attachment 163850
Next door (California) they’re going so far as to fine &/or shut down manufacturing of aftermarket systems that aren’t approved beforehand by their CARB, etc. boards!!Getting to be more like the German DOT from what I know of them..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Next door (California) they’re going so far as to fine &/or shut down manufacturing of aftermarket systems that aren’t approved beforehand by their CARB, etc. boards!!Getting to be more like the German DOT from what I know of them..
Yea, things are definitely getting a bit out of hand, and it's all for money.
If the offer from @LoWeLL216 still stands, please let us know how you feel between the baffles in & out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yea, things are definitely getting a bit out of hand, and it's all for money.
If the offer from @LoWeLL216 still stands, please let us know how you feel between the baffles in & out.
It’s ALWAYS about the money it seems. Morals values and principles are eroding at an alarming pace.
All the better reason to focus on our two-wheeled psychologist couches and the benefits they bring.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm in CA and any non-CARB approved system isn't legal in the state. Same for cars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I'm in CA and any non-CARB approved system isn't legal in the state. Same for cars.

LoWeLL, I came home today to find your box! Thank you very much and my offer stands-should you need a ride map of the local twisties-or for that matter assistance of any kind-you’ve got my info.
As well, Scojoe and Darien thank you both as well for your parts in all this! And yes I will take the baffles out on occasion just to hoon as when necessary 🤣👍🏻

·
Registered
363 Posts
LoWeLL, I came home today to find your box! Thank you very much and my offer stands-should you need a ride map of the local twisties-or for that matter assistance of any kind-you’ve got my info.
As well, Scojoe and Darien thank you both as well for your parts in all this! And yes I will take the baffles out on occasion just to hoon as when necessary 🤣👍🏻
Let us know what you think of the Remus with the baffles in. As soon as I received mine the first thing I did (before installation) was remove the baffles, so I've never heard them baffled.

·
Registered
95 Posts
As well, Scojoe and Darien thank you both as well for your parts in all this! And yes I will take the baffles out on occasion just to hoon as when necessary
Awesome! Glad they arrived and hope you like them. If not, donate them to someone else in need

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just bought a lightly used K1600B/GA Remus exhaust from a forum member but haven't installed them yet. Now reading this thread I learned that the baffles have been removed and I'm not sure how loud the exhaust will be. The seller doesn't have the baffles. If anybody has a set of the original K1600B/GA Remus baffles that they aren't using, I would be very interested in buying them. Thanks!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts