BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
I just bought a lightly used K1600B/GA Remus exhaust from a forum member but haven't installed them yet. Now reading this thread I learned that the baffles have been removed and I'm not sure how loud the exhaust will be. The seller doesn't have the baffles. If anybody has a set of the original K1600B/GA Remus baffles that they aren't using, I would be very interested in buying them. Thanks!
(Replied below)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
I just bought a lightly used K1600B/GA Remus exhaust from a forum member but haven't installed them yet. Now reading this thread I learned that the baffles have been removed and I'm not sure how loud the exhaust will be. The seller doesn't have the baffles. If anybody has a set of the original K1600B/GA Remus baffles that they aren't using, I would be very interested in buying them. Thanks!
FWIW,
You鈥檒l love the bike IMHO and the Remus sounds GREAT without the baffles but riding long distances when necessary on the interstate the drone at 75-80MPH is uncomfortable (without earplugs, modular helmet) for me anymore.
Riding thru the High Sierras, tho, is a hoot without the baffles.
Hopefully you鈥檒l find some somewhere if you need them-Remus never answered my email and apparently they鈥檝e no North American office anymore.
None of the Remus dealers/distributors I contacted were able to assist either.

Registered
You bet! Going out for a few days putt along the Dalles and down the CA coast in 2 weeks. Will advise upon return.
Leaving tomorrow for an 8 day ride upstate NY, but taking try Springer because I haven't taken it on a trip since '17 due to owning the F6BD and now the B. Enjoy & ride safe!

Registered
I don't think you need them and I personally prefer the sound without. Purely subjective though.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Registered
Finally installed the Remus and they sound GREAT. Not sure if the techs doing the state inspection will be as easy as in years past since the State Patrol that inspects the dealerships/repair shops have really been cracking down on loud exhausts. The Remus is about the same level as a full Jardine exhaust system on one of my Rocket Roadsters and I really love the sound of that one as well... (y)

I have after-market mufflers/exhausts on all my bikes except for my Honda V-65 Sabre (kept it original) and H-D Fat Bob (Go figure! Might be the only Harley in the entire state with OEM exhaust)...

I've got so many OEM and first/second aftermarket replacement exhausts that I might have to build another shed just for them...

Just in case, I am going to try to find some baffles solely for state inspection purposes. If anybody has some, please let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: scojoe
41 - 47 of 47 Posts