BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was my girlfriend's wife's idea.

We originally planned to get married in the summer, but delays with the documents meant it happened in mid December - in Switzerland. She still insisted we go in the bike, even though it was cold and raining a bit. Fortunately we didn't have to go far.

I thought adding tin cans to the back would be potentially dangerous, and I didn't have time for the 'just married' sign, so the decorations were a bit lame. Just enough for people not in the know to think 'why are they riding a bike in December, and why the ribbons?'

Anyway, it made the whole event a bit more fun. She had the motorcycle boots on under her dress. We all had a good laugh about it and several people said they wished they'd done the same at their wedding but their husbands weren't man enough to ride a motorcycle they didn't.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My wife and I married in 1981 in Whitstable (Kent, UK). As we left the reception in an old Hillman Imp, the engine gave out and we were stranded on the Motorway in all our wedding gear. Fortunately, we had AA and they took pity on us and decided to trailer our car across county borders to our just-purchased house in Haywards Heath, W Sussex. About 11.30pm, we passed through Crawley (my childhood home town) and were so hungry (the couple rarely feel like eating much at the reception) that we asked the driver to stop at KFC. As we pulled into a dark car park, a guy ran over to us from his parked bike and asked the AA driver if he might have a certain bulb for his bike. He said he didn't but then I said, I might have. My motorcycle jacket was in the vehicle since it was my primary jacket (I didn't even have a car before marriage) and, sure enough, in the top pocket were four, carefully packed spare bulbs and one was perfect. He went back to his bike with delight and a slightly puzzled look!

The next day, since the car was dead, we set out on our honeymoon on my CB900F (I honestly don't think my wife took any less stuff because we were now going on the bike!). We had a great time (if I remember rightly!). We celebrate our 39th anniversary this year - same wife, different bike.

Cheers,

Derek

·
Registered
549 Posts
So great to have that memory and a big congratulations as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts