BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo, I just had my new shoei cruise2 with the SRL2 mounted on and have some dificulties connecting all theese to my K1600GTL. I want to: see my calls on the NAVI 5 , to answer by SRL2 on voice command or even with SRL's central button and NOT directly by finger from the NAVI 5, and finally to be able to here the music from radio or USB from the motorbike's stereo to the SENA inside my helmet if I select to close the motorbike's speakers. I did all theese with my other intercom device(INTERPHONE F5MC) but I cannot achieve it with the newSRL2. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the Sena SRL and a Shoei Neotech II, when I used it on my K16 from what I can remember:

1.Pair the Nav 5 to the Sena on Phone 1
2.Pair the bike to the Sena on Phone 2

You do not need to pair your phone to the Sena, your Nav 5 should be paired to your phone.

You will get your calls via the Nav V, I doubt if the Sena will answer on voice, I had my phone set to auto answer. If you really want to push a button to answer a call look at the RC3 remote which can be cable tied to your handlebar and mimics the three buttons on the SRL

You should be able to get music from your radio and via USB stick.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I'm having the same issue with a Shoei Neotec 2 with the SRL and my Nav VI . I've tried all sorts of pairings and have got close but not quite there. I'll try the phone 2 option in the setup menu on the headset and see how it goes. Honestly though it should not be this much of a PITA... I work with tech for a living and people pay my company for support yet here I am struggling to get a GPS to work properly... ah well, go figure. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
628 Posts
@ViennaK knows how this works, this is his post from another thread, he has it the other way around from what I said. These instructions are correct. Note, delete all pairings before you start.

Pair Sena with BMW BT using phone 1 connection.
Pair phone with Navigator.
Pair Navigator with Sena as phone 2 connection

(my configuration is the same but with a 10s) Audio comes through the BMW BT. Phone comes through the Navigator to the 20s with no issues and you have caller ID on the screen. Hand shake phone, BT audio and Navigator works well. Never tried voice commands however Before you start, delete all pairings on each component

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me try..I will inform you, thanks!
@ViennaK knows how this works, this is his post from another thread, he has it the other way around from what I said. These instructions are correct. Note, delete all pairings before you start.

Pair Sena with BMW BT using phone 1 connection.
Pair phone with Navigator.
Pair Navigator with Sena as phone 2 connection

(my configuration is the same but with a 10s) Audio comes through the BMW BT. Phone comes through the Navigator to the 20s with no issues and you have caller ID on the screen. Hand shake phone, BT audio and Navigator works well. Never tried voice commands however Before you start, delete all pairings on each component
Thanks David, I will try that. Maybe my mistake is that I pair the SENA to BMW bt through " media pairing" and SENA to NAV5 through "GPS pairing" .I will let you know..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boys, I try to pair my sena srl2 to the bmw module with "phone pairing" but it gives me no sound from bmw to the helmets speakers . I pair theese through "media pairing" and sound is coming ok . why to pair them through 'phone" and "second phone" while I have "media" and "gps" pairing selection profiles at the sena? And finally , what is that " selected phone pairing" at sena's menu? By the way, I have nav5 but I dont think there are differences in this area with nav6...

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I had the same issue pairing the bikes BT with the Sena as phone 1. So here is where I am now....

Sena paired to Nav VI as phone one and iPhone as phone 2. Everything works except touch controls for the media on the Nav VI and I can't seem to get Siri to work. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the SRL2 as I've had better luck with an SMH10 and even the 5. The buttons are also hard to access compared to the other units especially with cold weather riding gauntlets on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys I finally made it: I can see in my navi 5 who calls me, I can call him back by the button "phone" on the first page of navi 5 entering the phone list, I can answer the call by voice(screaming: yes!), I can hear the music or radio from BMW and when I turn the speacers(of the BMW) to "off", music or radio comes from my Sena srl2 in helmets speacers. What I did: first, ofcourse unpair all with everything. Then I connect my phone via "phone pairing" to the navi5.I had to go to my phones bluetooth, check the navi5 there and automatic I had an option in the phone : "amswer and received calls" and " phone catalog seeing" and had to check them.
Then I connect sena srl2 to the BMW module via "media pairing" having my navi5 on the GTL but with its bluetooth disabled.
Then I connect sena srl2 to the navi5 with BMW's speacers to "on" via " phone pairing" , ofcourse after switchig on navi's bluetooth...

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Guys I finally made it: I can see in my navi 5 who calls me, I can call him back by the button "phone" on the first page of navi 5 entering the phone list, I can answer the call by voice(screaming: yes!), I can hear the music or radio from BMW and when I turn the speacers(of the BMW) to "off", music or radio comes from my Sena srl2 in helmets speacers. What I did: first, ofcourse unpair all with everything. Then I connect my phone via "phone pairing" to the navi5.I had to go to my phones bluetooth, check the navi5 there and automatic I had an option in the phone : "amswer and received calls" and " phone catalog seeing" and had to check them.
Then I connect sena srl2 to the BMW module via "media pairing" having my navi5 on the GTL but with its bluetooth disabled.
Then I connect sena srl2 to the navi5 with BMW's speacers to "on" via " phone pairing" , ofcourse after switchig on navi's bluetooth...
That's about where I am but what does not work is controlling media from the Nav VI . Can you pause music and FF tunes from the Nav? So say I have Apple music playing classic rock and Nickelback comes on . As Canadian as I am , I am reaching for that skip button. Currently I don't have that working either with the SRL2 or Nav VI. Also does Siri work for you? Mind you I don't think you said whether you are on Android or iOS.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's about where I am but what does not work is controlling media from the Nav VI . Can you pause music and FF tunes from the Nav? So say I have Apple music playing classic rock and Nickelback comes on . As Canadian as I am , I am reaching for that skip button. Currently I don't have that working either with the SRL2 or Nav VI. Also does Siri work for you? Mind you I don't think you said whether you are on Android or iOS.
Hallo my Kanadia
Hallo, I am having navi5, it doesnt have the media abilities that navi6 has..I am on android...

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I posted about doing this some time ago. Sena calls it "Media selective pairing". You essentially split the Bluetooth connection into two- phone and media, and then come back together in the Sena unit. You have to set both your phone and the Sena unit to do this I use mine the same way you do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
OK.. Ima throwing this out there. Has ANYONE managed to get these friggen' things working with a current gen iPhone? 2019 K1600GT, Garmin NAV VI and Sena SRL2 . I have it working except no Siri, no ability to skip to the next track etc from both the iPhone and Nav VI. I might just toss it in and try one of my other helmets but our storage locker was broken in to and I'm down my Arai and my Nolan which both had Sena systems on them. That really sucked...

·
Registered
642 Posts
OK.. Ima throwing this out there. Has ANYONE managed to get these friggen' things working with a current gen iPhone? 2019 K1600GT, Garmin NAV VI and Sena SRL2 . I have it working except no Siri, no ability to skip to the next track etc from both the iPhone and Nav VI. I might just toss it in and try one of my other helmets but our storage locker was broken in to and I'm down my Arai and my Nolan which both had Sena systems on them. That really sucked...
Are you trying to tie in the crappy BMW audio system, or are you just dealing with your NAV, Sena and iPhone?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Are you trying to tie in the crappy BMW audio system, or are you just dealing with your NAV, Sena and iPhone?
Oh I gave up on that a number of tries ago. Only reason I tried adding it is many people seem to have it as part of their voodoo.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'll give it a shot, although I don't have the Sena SRL2. I have one helmet set up with the Cardo Freecom 4+, and a second helmet set up with the Sena 50s. Phone used is the iPhone XS, and the GPS is the Garmin NAV VI.

There are 2 basic methods of setting up connections:

(1) If you want to use Siri (highly recommended), you have to directly pair your SRL2 to your iPhone. That will give you phone and music subscription (i.e. Apple Music, etc.) access completely controlled by Siri. It's really cool! Further, if you want navigation prompts communicated to your SRL2, take the second step of pairing your SRL2 to your NAV VI. Otherwise, this pairing can be skipped. NOTE: For (1) to work, the SRL2 has to be able to support Siri commands. It works great with the Sena 50s, but I have no experience with the SRL2. I did do a quick read of the SRL2 manual, and saw no reference to Siri/Google commands. Hopefully this is just a miss on my part.

(2) This second method sets up the NAV VI as your control center for music and phone. First, you pair your iPhone to NAV VI, and then you pair your SRL2 to NAV VI. Note that with (2), you don't pair your SRL2 directly to you iPhone. Since your iPhone is paired to NAV VI, this would create a Bluetooth conflict. The nice thing about this method is that you have phone and music functionality controlled directly through the NAV VI. Through the VI Media app, you can see the playlists available to you and switch between them and individual songs. The VI Phone app provides visual access to you Contacts list and Recent calls. There is even a simple voice call function. The crux of this method is that you can SEE your choices and select actions on the VI accordingly. The downside is that have to reach forward and touch the NAV VI screen to make selections, but it's not that big a deal. I just want to emphasize that with (2), you lose access to Siri. It's an either/or proposition. Here is a good video laying out (2):

I would start by clearing out all your existing connections and then perform the first step of (1): Pair your SRL2 to your iPhone and see if you can get Siri to work. That will help determine which option you eventually settle on. Again, I have 2 helmets set ups -- (1) with my Sena 50s, and (2) with my Cardo Freecom 4+. I'm happy with both, but I'm thinking of going with (1) for both helmets. The more I use Siri to control music and phone, the more I'm getting addicted to it.

Let us know how it goes. I'm curious how capable the SRL2 actually is.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The downside is that have to reach forward and touch the NAV VI screen to make selections
What I did John was program the menu button (top press) to jump to the Nav screen. The first option on this is Page and you can use the wonder wheel to move to the media screen. At this point you have to lean forward and start/stop music. However, once the music is playing when you jump to the Nav screen you can scroll down to the Zoom buttons and they move tracks forward and back.

·
Registered
642 Posts
What I did John was program the menu button (top press) to jump to the Nav screen. The first option on this is Page and you can use the wonder wheel to move to the media screen. At this point you have to lean forward and start/stop music. However, once the music is playing when you jump to the Nav screen you can scroll down to the Zoom buttons and they move tracks forward and back.
Interesting. That's for the tip. I'll try it. I've been using the "Hey Cardo, next track" and "Hey Cardo, previous track" voice commands to move forward and back, but the wonder wheel could also be useful.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I'll give it a shot, although I don't have the Sena SRL2. I have one helmet set up with the Cardo Freecom 4+, and a second helmet set up with the Sena 50s. Phone used is the iPhone XS, and the GPS is the Garmin NAV VI.

There are 2 basic methods of setting up connections:

(1) If you want to use Siri (highly recommended), you have to directly pair your SRL2 to your iPhone. That will give you phone and music subscription (i.e. Apple Music, etc.) access completely controlled by Siri. It's really cool! Further, if you want navigation prompts communicated to your SRL2, take the second step of pairing your SRL2 to your NAV VI. Otherwise, this pairing can be skipped. NOTE: For (1) to work, the SRL2 has to be able to support Siri commands. It works great with the Sena 50s, but I have no experience with the SRL2. I did do a quick read of the SRL2 manual, and saw no reference to Siri/Google commands. Hopefully this is just a miss on my part.

(2) This second method sets up the NAV VI as your control center for music and phone. First, you pair your iPhone to NAV VI, and then you pair your SRL2 to NAV VI. Note that with (2), you don't pair your SRL2 directly to you iPhone. Since your iPhone is paired to NAV VI, this would create a Bluetooth conflict. The nice thing about this method is that you have phone and music functionality controlled directly through the NAV VI. Through the VI Media app, you can see the playlists available to you and switch between them and individual songs. The VI Phone app provides visual access to you Contacts list and Recent calls. There is even a simple voice call function. The crux of this method is that you can SEE your choices and select actions on the VI accordingly. The downside is that have to reach forward and touch the NAV VI screen to make selections, but it's not that big a deal. I just want to emphasize that with (2), you lose access to Siri. It's an either/or proposition. Here is a good video laying out (2):

I would start by clearing out all your existing connections and then perform the first step of (1): Pair your SRL2 to your iPhone and see if you can get Siri to work. That will help determine which option you eventually settle on. Again, I have 2 helmets set ups -- (1) with my Sena 50s, and (2) with my Cardo Freecom 4+. I'm happy with both, but I'm thinking of going with (1) for both helmets. The more I use Siri to control music and phone, the more I'm getting addicted to it.

Let us know how it goes. I'm curious how capable the SRL2 actually is.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Finally got it! At least to where I'm happy. SRL paired to iPhone as phone one them SRL paired to Nav VI as phone 2. Media player shows current track and Siri commands work for skip, play certain artist, album etc with Apple Music and I get navigation through the headset. Phone calls just come in on the Sena but I can live with that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts