·
Registered
981 Posts
A shiek looking sled sir.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, this keen eyed observer has noted the strange protrusions at the lower part of the bike that clearly resemble.....wait for it......Floorboards! On a GT no less. What is the world coming to.:eek:
I had those lying in my garage and it was a quick 10min install. Figure I can remove them on normal rides and fit when on longer cruises. Best of both worlds, that's what I get with a k16

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,943 Posts
I used to like the blue color of the last years GT Sport but the silver and black is getting my attention now. Nice bike and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice!
I haven't been all that fond of BMW's two-color schemes on the GT, but this one really looks great. In fact, I'm working a deal with my dealer on a trade of the 2018 B and back into a GT, and I put the deposit down on this same color scheme!
The only significant difference I notice is that your front brake calipers are logo'd Brembo, where as here in the U.S. they are logo'd BMW. Also, the calipers on this color scheme are a bronze/gold color rather than black on the other 2019 GT's

Liking' the floorboards! I'll be doing multi-day rides and want the ability to change position - I'll need to price out the bars/boards since I didn't find any lying in my garage. ;)

Congrats on the cool ride!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I used to like the blue color of the last years GT Sport but the silver and black is getting my attention now. Nice bike and welcome to the forum.
That was my thoughts too. I got tired of waiting for hat GTS blue, so I found a new 15 orange GTS in 2017. When that blue finally arrived and I saw it in person, I didn't like the white stripes they used, but I really wanted a black motor. Now the new GTS is something I really like, it has grown on me. I like having a bike that is different than the majority of the bikes on the road.
That and welcome to the forum too.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
First welcome and enjoy your new ride! Nice pics BTW!

The only significant difference I notice is that your front brake calipers are logo'd Brembo, where as here in the U.S. they are logo'd BMW. Also, the calipers on this color scheme are a bronze/gold color rather than black on the other 2019 GT's

Exactly like my US 2019 GT Sport, Gold BMW branded calipers in the front and Black Brembo branded on the rear.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I didn't previously think I liked that color combination. But your photos may have convinced me otherwise.

Nice Bike! :tb

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I like it. I like the paint scheme. I like the floorboards. I’d add a top case.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Beautiful bike, absolutely gorgeous! I was very, very tempted to replace my '16 with that exact bike but just couldn't justify the $7,000 difference between it and the one I'm picking up, tomorrow. It's a gently used '18 Mars Red GT that's got a Nav6 and comes with a three year, unlimited mileage extended warranty. I'll fly to Minneapolis and put eyes on it at around 10:30 AM and then ride it 500 miles home. YIPPEE!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts