BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 k1600 gtl
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Last time around this was won by a worked over Indian. They throw tons of money into the engines, suspension, and rework the bodies and foot controls for more for more cornering clearance. Id like to see it dominated by a k1600B with wilbers susp, higher sitting footpegs, and a stock engine with and exhaust and a brentune.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Last time around this was won by a worked over Indian. They throw tons of money into the engines, suspension, and rework the bodies and foot controls for more for more cornering clearance. Id like to see it dominated by a k1600B with wilbers susp, higher sitting footpegs, and a stock engine with and exhaust and a brentune.
If they ever have a K1600B in the race, officials would call foul, and have the rules changed to make the bloated boats (V-twins} competitive, This was how NHRA pro-stock drag racing handled the in-line 4 cylinder engine domination.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
It would probably be dominated by the K1600B without any modifications.

·
Registered
2018 k1600 gtl
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very true. Anyone want to donate a B? ;)

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts

The Challengers are still great bikes even in the standard form they would do well. I for one would love to see the real none factory standard bikes up against each other. I remember our original Bathurst 500 car road race when it was nothing but standard FORD and Holden (aka GMH ) that dominated the race along with some Chryslers, Toyotas, etc. The race was always fair across the brands and made great entertainment with different classes. Then as always, the dollars from major sponsors came into it as it does with a football, etc. so nothing really represented the actual brand racing because the dollars spoke out louder than the cars you saw on the road. that continued until the demise of our local car industry. Now the race still represents both brands but with gutted Mustangs the old Holden Commodores that will be replaced this year with the Chevy Camara , Chrysler was not really interested as they don't sell enough of them here but I am sure that will change with the Dodge in the future if they bring them into the country. So by saying all this it is a long way round but I would love to see the real challenge with the same bikes as standard form to see how they perform with riders just riding the very same bike as you and I could buy off the showroom floor. the only thing that would stand out would be the rider's skill on a given brand bike. That would be a great race that really represented the brands that you and I could afford to buy. Throw in other brands to see how they perform in real life. If the sponsors wanted to do mods throw millions of $$$$ at them then have that as a separate race, but at least you would have some great rival racing and entertainment.
END OF RANT lol. :censored:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts